Profaned Soul Crystal
This item is dedicated to: MishiroUsui / Amber
Profaned Soul Crystal
"The Profaned Goddess has recognised your devotion to purity!"
The Profaned Soul Crystal is a craftable accessory that is also dropped by Providence, the Profaned Goddess under certain conditions. Providence naturally has a low chance to drop it in Expert Mode, though the chance increases significantly after Supreme Calamitas has been defeated. In singleplayer, Providence is guaranteed to drop it if the player defeats her in Expert Mode using only the Profaned Soul Artifact and optionally Golden Gun.
The Profaned Soul Crystal has two distinct states dependent on whether or not Supreme Calamitas has been defeated in the world. Before defeating Supreme Calamitas, the accessory is entirely vanity. After defeating Supreme Calamitas, the accessory gains extensive combat functionality.
Pre-Supreme Calamitas[edit | edit source]
While equipped before Supreme Calamitas has been defeated, the player is granted several purely aesthetic effects with no functional benefits. The miniature Profaned Guardians from the Profaned Soul Artifact will be summoned, but they will not have any combat behavior and essentially serve as pets. Additionally, the accessory transforms the player into an "emissary of the profaned goddess" while equipped, visually granting them holy flame wings, converting their legs into holy flames, and turning their head and body into stone.
Post-Supreme Calamitas[edit | edit source]
When equipped after Supreme Calamitas has been defeated, and the player has over 10 minion slots available, they will be granted extensive new benefits. They will be granted the full functionality of the Profaned Soul Artifact, and using any non-summon weapon with auto-reuse will instead perform a unique attack depending on the weapon's damage type. All of these attacks deal and scale off of Summon damage.
- Melee attacks become a stream of accelerating holy spears, with every 5th shot firing a spread of five spears.
- Ranged attacks become a randomized flurry of small fireballs and large meteors.
- Magic attacks become powerful fireballs which burst into smaller fireballs on impact.
- Rogue attacks become crystals that are released from around the player in a spiral pattern.
Additionally, the Profaned Guardian minions will be empowered, and the player will no longer be inflicted with Burnt Out when hit or affected by it at all.
During the day, the player receives several offensive bonuses. The player will also receive these bonuses while submerged in lava regardless of the time.
- 15% boosted minion damage and knockback
- 25% increased movement speed
- 10% increased flight time
- Ignore water physics
- -15 defense
- +15 defense
- +5% damage reduction
- +5 life regeneration
- -15% movement speed
When brought below half health, the player will become enraged, causing them to emit bright particles and empowering all of the weapon attacks with increased fire rates and functional buffs.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
|Core of Sunlight||5|
|Profaned Soul Artifact||1|
|Profaned Soul Crystal||1|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Though both the singleplayer and multiplayer drop methods require the world to be in Expert Mode, the item can still be crafted in Normal Mode.
- This accessory and the Profaned Soul Artifact cannot be equipped at the same time, due to the inherited function.
- If the player dies while this accessory is equipped, their death message will read "<PlayerName> was summoned too soon."
- For the Profaned Soul Crystal to drop from Providence, the player is allowed to damage her with other weapons, as long as the damage dealt is less than 1% of Providence's max health.
- After Supreme Calamitas has been defeated:
- While this accessory is equipped, the player will be exempt from Calamity's nerf to minion damage while holding a non-summon weapon.
- The damage from the player's weapon attacks is halved while using Endogenesis or the Temporal Umbrella, for balancing purposes.
- The player takes slightly increased damage over time from God Slayer Inferno, -17.5 health per second instead of -15.
- The damage of the Profaned Guardian minions technically scales from 800 to 900 after The Devourer of Gods and 900 to to 1000 after Jungle Dragon, Yharon are defeated, just like the base accessory, although this is never seen during normal gameplay as those bosses must be defeated for Supreme Calamitas to be defeated.
- In Death Mode, the player will be granted hot and cold immunity and they will reduce underground darkness. The darkness reduction is greater during the day or while the player is submerged in lava.
- If the player's name is "Amber", "Nincity", "IbanPlay", or "Chen", they will emit different particles when they are enraged. These are the names of people who helped create or test the Profaned Soul Crystal.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The death message and flame leg design are references to Ragnaros from World of Warcraft.
- The use of the word "defiled" in the Devotion buff's tooltip is a reference to the dedicatee, MishiroUsui (aka Amber), being the first player to no-hit all bosses while the Defiled Rune was active.
- The tooltip's quote "Thinking back, it was a boring life" is a reference to the main character of the game Blank Dream, who is named "Mishiro Usui", the dedicatee's namesake.
- This accessory actually has a unique rarity, but is referred to here as Hot Pink for consistency between accessories.
- This unique rarity alternates between amber and emerald colors.
Video[edit | edit source]
| • • |
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •