Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Profaned Soul Crystal
This item is dedicated to: MishiroUsui / Amber
|Tooltip||Transforms you into an emissary of the profaned goddess|
Requires 10 minion slots to use in order to grant the following effects
All non-summon weapons are converted into powerful summon variations
Falling below 50% life will empower these attacks
Transforms Melee attacks into a barrage of spears
Transforms Magic attacks into a powerful splitting fireball
Transforms Ranged attacks into a flurry of fireballs and meteors
Transforms Rogue attacks into a deadly crystalline spiral
Summons and empowers the profaned babs to fight alongside you
You are no longer affected by burn out when hit
Provides buffs depending on the time of day
Provides heat and cold protection in Death Mode
Thinking back, it was a boring life
And so we burn it all in the name of purity
|Buff tooltip||The profaned soul within has been defiled by the powerful magic of a supreme witch|
|Grants Buff||The Profaned Soul|
|Buff tooltip||The healer will heal your wounds (Only Healer)|
The Defensive Duo will protect and heal you! (Healer + Defensive)
The Offensive Duo will fight for and heal you! (Healer + Offensive)
The Profaned Babs will fight for and defend you! (All Three)
|Inflicts Debuff||Burnt Out|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (when hit before Supreme Calamitas is defeated)|
|Debuff tooltip||You've been burnt out and your guardians are less effective|
|Inflicts Debuff||Holy Flames|
|Debuff duration||5 seconds (On minion hits pre-Supreme Calamitas)|
10 seconds (On minion hits post-Supreme Calamitas)
|Debuff tooltip||Dissolving from holy light|
"The Profaned Goddess has recognised your devotion to purity!"
The Profaned Soul Crystal is a craftable accessory that is also dropped by Providence, the Profaned Goddess under certain conditions. Providence naturally has a low chance to drop it in Expert Mode, though the chance increases significantly after Supreme Calamitas has been defeated. In singleplayer, Providence is guaranteed to drop it if the player defeats her in Expert Mode using only the Profaned Soul Artifact and optionally Golden Gun.
The Profaned Soul Crystal has two distinct states dependent on whether or not Supreme Calamitas has been defeated in the world. Before defeating Supreme Calamitas, the accessory is entirely vanity. After defeating Supreme Calamitas, the accessory gains extensive combat functionality.
Pre-Supreme Calamitas[edit | edit source]
While equipped before Supreme Calamitas has been defeated, the player is granted several purely aesthetic effects with no functional benefits. The miniature Profaned Guardians from the Profaned Soul Artifact will be summoned, but they will not have any combat behavior and essentially serve as pets. Additionally, the accessory transforms the player into an "emissary of the profaned goddess" while equipped, visually granting them holy flame wings, converting their legs into holy flames, and turning their head and body into stone.
Post-Supreme Calamitas[edit | edit source]
When equipped after Supreme Calamitas has been defeated, and the player has over 10 free minion slots, they will be granted extensive new benefits. They will be granted the full functionality of the Profaned Soul Artifact, and using any non-summon weapon with auto-reuse will instead perform a unique attack depending on the weapon's damage type. All of these attacks deal and scale off of Summon damage. Additionally, the player may right-click while holding weapons of any class to direct minions to target the entity nearest to the cursor, in a similar manner to summon weapons.
Attacks have a chance for the guardians to form a Spear Burst, causing 6 and 12 homing spears to appear from the Defense and Offense guardians respectively. Each spear deals 50% of the guardian's damage and will not damage nor home into enemies until 0.83 seconds have passed. The chance for a spear burst to occur, along with other stats is listed below:
Attack Types[edit | edit source]
|Class||Behavior||Damage||Use Time||Spear Burst Chance||Notes|
1750 (Shotgun barrage)
25% of projectile (Encirclement)
|6||1/(10 * remaining pierce) (Main)
||1000 (Main attacks)
1500 (Raining Meteors)
|1||1 (Large Meteor)
1/10 (Small Meteor)
1/50 (Holy Fireballs)
||4500 (Holy Blast)
2% of projectile (Holy Fire)
|25||1 (Holy Blast)
1/35 (Holy Fire)
||1100 (Main Shards)
880 (Shard Ring)
|25||1/10 (Main Shards)||
During the day, the player receives several offensive bonuses. The player will also receive these bonuses while submerged in lava regardless of the time.
- 15% boosted minion damage and knockback
- 25% increased movement speed
- 10% increased flight time
- Ignore water physics
- -15 defense
- +15 defense
- +5% damage reduction
- +5 life regeneration
- -15% movement speed
When brought below half health, the player will become enraged, causing them to emit bright particles and empowering all of the weapon attacks with increased fire rates and functional buffs.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
|Profaned Crucible and Lava|
|Core of Sunlight||5|
|Profaned Soul Artifact||1|
|Profaned Soul Crystal||1|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Though both the singleplayer and multiplayer drop methods require the world to be in Expert Mode, the item can still be crafted in Normal Mode.
- This accessory and the Profaned Soul Artifact cannot be equipped at the same time, due to the inherited function.
- This accessory emits a massive amount of light while equipped with 10 or more minion slots.
- If the player dies while this accessory is equipped, their death message will read "<PlayerName> was summoned too soon."
- Gael's Greatsword retains its damage reduction bonus, as well as its Rage Meter buildup and unique Rage Mode attack.
- For the Profaned Soul Crystal to drop from Providence, the player is allowed to damage her with other weapons, as long as the damage dealt is less than 1% of Providence's max health.
- Before Supreme Calamitas has been defeated, its tooltip is the following:
- "Transforms you into an emissary of the profaned goddess
The soul within this crystal has been defiled by the powerful magic of a supreme witch
Merchants will reject a defiled soul such as this."
- "Transforms you into an emissary of the profaned goddess
- After Supreme Calamitas has been defeated:
- While this accessory is equipped, the player will be exempt from Calamity's nerf to minion damage while holding a non-summon weapon.
- Defense and Offense guardians stop performing Spear Bursts while the Endogenesis' minion is active.
- The damage from the player's weapon attacks is reduced to the following while the player her minions from the Endogenesis or Temporal Umbrella active, for balancing purposes.
- Main spears: 1250 to 500
- Shotgun spears: 1750 to 1000
- Main Meteors and Fireballs: 1000 to 500
- Raining Meteors: 1500 to 750
- Holy Blast: 4500 to 1800
- Main Shards: 1100 to 400
- Shard Ring: 880 to 300
- The player takes slightly increased damage over time from God Slayer Inferno, -17.5 health per second instead of -15.
- The damage of the Profaned Guardian minions technically scales from 800 to 900 after The Devourer of Gods and 900 to to 1000 after Jungle Dragon, Yharon are defeated, just like the base accessory, although this is never seen during normal gameplay as the minions do not deal damage until Supreme Calamitas has been defeated.
- In Death Mode, the player will be granted hot and cold immunity and they will reduce underground darkness. The darkness reduction is greater during the day or while the player is submerged in lava.
- If the player's name is "Amber", "Nincity", "IbanPlay", or "Chen", they will emit different particles when they are enraged. These are the names of people who helped create or test the Profaned Soul Crystal.
- The Devotion buff tooltip changes depending on various circumstances. Those higher in the following list take priority.
- "The profaned soul within has been defiled by the powerful magic of a supreme witch" (If Supreme Calamitas has not been defeated)
- "Your profaned soul is constrained by your insufficient summoning powers" (If the player has fewer than ten available minion slots)
- "An ascended ice construct is suppressing your true potential.." (If the Endo Cooper minion is active)
- "A magical hat overwhelms your senses, squandering your true potential.." (If the Magic Hat minion is active)
- If none of the above apply, the buff takes up several lines always starting with: "You are an emissary of the profaned goddess now!"
- The second line is any of the following:
- "The light of the sun empowers your offensive capabilities" (During the day if not submerged in water or honey)
- "The heat of the lava empowers your offensive capabilities" (If submerged in lava)
- "The darkness of night cools your flames, empowering your defensive capabilities" (During the night if not submerged in lava)
- "The water douses your flames, empowering your defensive capabilities" (If submerged in water)
- "The honey cools your flames, empowering your defensive capabilities" (If submerged in honey)
- The third line appears if the player is under half health.
- "Your weakened life force fuels your desperate attacks"
- The second line is any of the following:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The death message and flame leg design are references to Ragnaros from World of Warcraft.
- The use of the word "defiled" in the Devotion buff's tooltip is a reference to the dedicatee, MishiroUsui (aka Amber), being the first player to no-hit all bosses while the Defiled Rune was active.
- The tooltip's quote "Thinking back, it was a boring life" is a reference to the main character of the game Blank Dream, who is named "Mishiro Usui," the dedicatee's namesake.
- This accessory actually has a unique rarity, but is referred to here as Hot Pink for consistency between accessories.
- This unique rarity alternates between amber (#ffa600 ●) and emerald (#19fa19 ●) colors.