- Not to be confused with the Rage Potion, a Vanilla buff potion, the Xeroc Rage buff, granted by Xeroc armor when hit, or the Reaver Rage buff, granted by melee Reaver armor on hit.
The Rage Meter is a mechanic added in Revengeance Mode, along with the Adrenaline Meter. Once the meter has filled up completely, the Rage Mode buff can be activated by pressing the Rage Mode key. In order to fill the meter, the player can do any of the following:
- Get hit by enemies or enemy projectiles.
- This has a one-second cooldown.
- The boost gained from this can be increased with the Profaned Rage Potion.
- Hit enemies with True melee weapons such as the Phoenix Blade.
- This scales with weapon base damage.
- Rage will only be generated from enemies that have a damage stat of 5 or higher, with the exception of enemies spawned from statues.
- Wear the Heart of Darkness or Draedon's Heart.
When the Rage Mode buff is activated, the player receives a damage boost of 50% (170% in Death Mode) for a total boost of 150% (270%) due to the player's base damage being set at 100%. This total damage boost is multiplicative and applied after other damage boosts such as those from Potions or Accessories. If the player is hit while the buff is active, the buff gets canceled and damage boost disappears. Equipping the Heart of Darkness or Draedon's Heart increases the damage boost by 15% (30% in Death Mode) regardless of the amount of rage upgrade consumables used.
The player can increase the damage boost by 15% / 50% three times to a total of 195% / 420% by using these permanent power-up items dropped by defeated bosses:
With Adrenaline[edit | edit source]
When both the Adrenaline Mode and Rage Mode buffs are active at the same time. The player receives a damage boost of 300% (780% in Death Mode). If the player has the Heart of Darkness or Draedon's Heart equipped, the damage boost is 330% (860%).
Using them together ignores both Adrenaline's Burnout mechanic as well as Rage's consumable upgrades.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Taking damage from drowning, traps, debuffs, or enemies spawned from statues does not fill the Rage Meter.
- Once the Rage Meter reaches full capacity, a unique sound effect plays to indicate it.
- If the player's Rage Meter is full, the Absolute Rage buff can be inflicted on the player.
- Toggling the Rage mechanic or the default location of the bar is possible though the Configuration options.
- Players can move the Rage Meter around by clicking and dragging it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Rage and Adrenaline are replacements for a previous mechanic called Stress.
- Rage and Adrenaline are a reference to Ripper Mode from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Because of this, Rage and Adrenaline are often collectively referred to as "Rippers" by the community.
|Combat||Hit Sounds • Immunity frames • Lifesteal • Minions • Proficiency • Rogue|
|Environment||Events • Music • Status messages|
|Items||Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||AI • Armageddon • Boss Health Bar • Boss Rush • Configuration options • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Fishing • Game controls • Iron Heart • Lore • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Death Prevention • Defense • Rage Meter|