- Not to be confused with Revengeance, which is the item that activates this gamemode.
"Do you enjoy going through hell?"
Revengeance Mode is a new gamemode introduced in the Calamity Mod, serving as an increased difficulty level to Expert Mode. It is activated by using the Revengeance item, which is added to a newly spawned player's inventory, in an Expert Mode world. Attempting to activate it in a Normal Mode world has no effect, and using the item during a boss battle will instantly kill the player, with the death message '<PlayerName> tried to change the rules.'. The transition to Revengeance Mode is reversible by using the Revengeance item again. It is further succeeded in difficulty by Death Mode.
- 1 General Changes
- 2 Enemy AI Changes
- 3 Boss AI Changes
- 3.1 Pre-Hardmode
- 3.2 Hardmode
- 3.2.1 Cryogen
- 3.2.2 The Destroyer
- 3.2.3 Aquatic Scourge
- 3.2.4 The Twins
- 3.2.5 Brimstone Elemental
- 3.2.6 Skeletron Prime
- 3.2.7 Calamitas
- 3.2.8 Plantera
- 3.2.9 Siren and Leviathan
- 3.2.10 Astrum Aureus
- 3.2.11 Golem
- 3.2.12 The Plaguebringer Goliath
- 3.2.13 Duke Fishron
- 3.2.14 Ravager
- 3.2.15 Lunatic Cultist
- 3.2.16 Astrum Deus
- 3.2.17 Moon Lord
- 3.3 Post-Moon Lord
- 4 Unique Items
- 5 Thorium Mod Changes
- 6 Messages
- 7 Trivia
- 8 See Also
General Changes[edit | edit source]
- Adds two new mechanics into the game, Rage Meter and Adrenaline Meter.
- These mechanics can be toggled through the Configuration options.
- All enemies drop 2 times more money.
- Enemy spawn rates are boosted by 15%.
- Before you have killed your first boss you take 20% less damage.
- Life regen is soft capped at 18. Any amount exceeding the cap will be 75% less effective.
- Immunity frames are capped at 2 seconds.
- Allows usage of the Defiled Rune and Death.
- Asphalt Blocks granted top speed and player acceleration is reduced by 33%.
- Titanium armor's Shadow Dodge set bonus lasts 6 seconds instead of 30.
- If Ichor is inflicted on the player, the player takes 25% more damage. If Cursed Inferno is inflicted on the player, the player takes 20% more damage. These effects do not stack, and Ichor takes priority if the player is afflicted by both.
- Chaos State from The Brain of Cthulhu (Lore), Rod of Discord, or Normality Relocator makes the player take 25% more damage when hit.
- The price of the Nurse's healing scales throughout progression and is multiplied by five while any boss is alive.
Damage Reduction[edit | edit source]
- Grants percentage-based damage reduction to many enemies and bosses, including vanilla ones. Depending on intensity, this can cause opponents to take significantly longer to kill.
- To compensate, Ichor decreases damage reduction by 25% and Cursed Inferno decreases damage reduction by 20%.
- Betsy's Curse decreases damage reduction by 34%.
- War Cleave decreases damage reduction by 25%.
- Marked decreases damage reduction by 50%.
- Enemy damage reduction is calculated after defense; the same as player damage reduction.
Vanilla Enemy DR[edit | edit source]
Enemy AI Changes[edit | edit source]
- Many enemies now inflict Horror and/or Marked.
- Many vanilla enemies are made immune to certain forms of lifesteal.
- Wraiths, Reapers, Mimics, Present Mimics, and Sand Elementals are immune to knockback.
- In Hardmode, projectiles fired by Goblin Sorcerers, Tim, and Goblin Summoners inflict Shadowflame as well as Shadowflame Apparations.
- Lihzahrds transform into their second phase at 90% health.
- Ice Golems move and shoot faster as they lose health.
- Cursed Hammers, Enchanted Swords, and Crimson Axes attack the player without interruption, even when hit, when their HP are below 50%
- Clingers, Gastropods, Black Recluses, Giant Tortoises, Ice Tortoises, Sand Tortoises, and Plagueshells attack the player without interruption, even when hit, when their HP are below 25%
- Paladins attack the player without interruption, even when hit, when their HP are below 15%
- Mother Slimes spawn more Baby Slimes when killed.
- Dungeon Guardians shoot homing skulls.
- Mothrons are bigger.
Boss AI Changes[edit | edit source]
This is a list of all boss fight changes caused by Revengeance Mode. The names of vanilla bosses are italicized.
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
Teleports more frequently and takes less time to teleport. Contact damage increased by 25%. Jumps and moves faster. Jumps higher and moves faster depending on how high the player is. Conjures an invincible Crown Jewel under 50% life to follow players and fire Ruby Bolts, Ruby Bolt damage is 55% of King Slime contact damage. Spawns all kinds of slimes when damaged.
HP increased to 4,240. Spawns with two smaller Desert Scourges. Shoots sand blasts at the player.
HP increased to 4,550. Charges more often in phase one. Enters phase two at 85% total life. Charges more quickly and more randomly in phase two. Gains much more contact damage in phase 2. Servants of Cthulhu inflict Marked, and no longer drop hearts. Changes charge patterns at 70% HP, 55% HP, and 40% HP. Lines up horizontally with the player and charges straight across after the chain dashes. Vomits Servants of Cthulhu when under 40% life and lining up charges.
HP increased to 6,400. Jumps and moves faster. Crab Shrooms fall faster. Occasionally summons a horizontal line of evenly-spaced mushrooms above itself that fall downwards.
Max HP increased to 17,716. Head segments shoot Cursed Flames, and retains the velocity of the head or body segment that was just killed. Slightly more defensive to piercing damage. Head segments deal 23% more contact damage, whereas other segments do 25% more. Moves faster and fires Cursed Flames and Vile Spits far less often the less segments that are alive. Segment count increased.
HP increased to 2,720. Creepers' HP increased to 240, and The Brain has 22% more contact damage and Creepers have 25% more. The Brain has a small amount of pierce resistance. When 10 or fewer Creepers are remaining, they become immune to knockback. The Brain moves faster and teleports more often as its creepers die in phase 1, and has increased resistance to knockback in phase 2. When at low health in phase 2, it periodically flies quickly in a large loop before dashing straight towards the player. Minimap icon disappears when at low life. No longer despawns when in The Corruption.
HP increased to 14,976. The Hive Mind inflicts the Horror debuff upon contact with the player. Periodically spawns more Hive Blobs every few seconds in phase 1. Moves much faster in phase 2 and gains the ability to perform a spinning dash after teleporting.
HP increased to 5,472. Spawns Bees faster and also spawns Hornets. Shoots far more stingers at a time but no longer shoots them in a cone of spread. Contact damage increased by 22%. Inflicts Marked on contact. Enrages while on the Surface, shoots stingers rapidly and charges much faster.
Head HP increased to 11,000. Hand HP reduced to 1,170. All attacks inflict Marked and Horror debuffs. Hands attack more often and more aggressively. Head defense increased by 250 per hand, homing projectiles and summons cannot home in on the head while any hands are alive. Homing skulls inflict Weak. Slowly gains more speed while spinning. Head has 25% more contact damage. After both hands are killed, Skeletron occasionally leaves a Shadowflame trail that deals the same amount of damage as the Cursed Skulls and teleports shortly after, firing a spread of 3 bolts from the location the head teleports to. Increases attack frequency as health lowers. Respawns both hands at 33% of Head HP. Skeletron Head spins and teleports at a slower pace while hands are revived.
Total HP increased to 30,753. The Ebonian and Crimulan Slime Gods shoot orbs more often. The Slime God Core moves faster.
HP increased to 21,280. Moves faster. Fires lasers for a longer duration when it does fire them, lasers are faster, and they do more damage. Its lasers become much stronger as it loses health. Detached Hungries and Leeches have much more health and do more damage. The Hungry inflict Marked. Charges rapidly towards the player if they move too far away.
Hardmode[edit | edit source]
HP increased to 42,080. Shoots projectiles faster.
HP increased to 150,000. The body gains a defense bonus, while the head and the tail have much less defense. The bonus/loss becomes lower as it loses health. Speed of the Destroyer and the lasers fired increase as health drops. Laser fire rate is reduced as health drops. Lasers are no longer fired in a random spread. Piercing attacks despawn after damaging the Destroyer a certain amount of times, limiting their effectiveness. When below 66% life, it fires frost beams instead of death lasers that can inflict Chilled, Frozen, and Glacial State debuffs. When below 33% life, it fires green lasers instead of frost beams that home in on the player; their speed depends on the player's current speed. Probe-less parts have less defense and fire Scrap Metal instead of lasers. The Probes no longer drop hearts.
HP increased to 136,000. Head inflicts the Marked debuff on contact.
Spazmatism HP increased to 44,850, Retinazer HP increased to 37,500 (82,350 total). Both Twins will now transform into their second phases at 60% health. Contact damage increased by 25% and Cursed Flames damage increased by 25%. Must be in phase 2 at the same time otherwise the other Twin will take almost no damage. Retinazer's lasers are more accurate in phase 1. Laser damage increased by 16%. Retinazer's Death Beam causes more 20% more damage and its Rapid fire damage is increased by 30%. Its Death lasers gain slight homing properties and it gains the ability to dash when under 15% health or if Spazmatism is defeated first. Retinazer's dash will release several homing missiles that inflict 124 damage. Spazmatism breathes Shadowflame Breath instead of Cursed Flames in phase 2, which inflicts the Shadowflame debuff, and has 16% more damage than the Cursed Flames. Charges more aggressively and gains a chain dash attack like the Eye of Cthulhu when under 15% health. When dashing, contact damage increased by 10% or if Retinazer is defeated first. Spazmatism inflicts the Marked debuff on contact. If gravity is reversed, both twins immediately transform into their second phases. While gravity is reversed, Retinazer's lasers fire faster and more frequently, and Spazmatism performs the flamethrower attack for less time, stopping to fire semi-homing Shadowflame Fireballs that deal 12% more damage than the Cursed Flames.
HP increased to 65,600 (524,800 post-Providence). Summons Brimlings to fight alongside her. She inflicts the Horror debuff on direct contact. Movement speed during Phase 1 is increased. When below 50% health, she gains the ability to fire a laser from her eye during Phase 1, and loses the ability to teleport. The laser is telegraphed with a line of particles.
HP increased to 48,298 (90,148 including limbs). The Head takes almost no damage while any arms are alive. Speed while spinning is increased, also increases as it loses more health. The Prime Laser no longer shoots in a cone of spread; it alternates between firing single lasers and laser circles. The Prime Cannon fires rockets instead of bombs; it alternates between firing single rockets and three rockets at once. The Prime Laser and Prime Cannon alternate attacks. The Prime Saw and Prime Vice are more aggressive. As arms are killed, the remaining arms gain increased speed and fire rate. When the Prime Laser is killed, the Head begins to fire laser circles. When the Prime Cannon is killed, the Head begins to fire rockets. When all arms are killed, shoots skulls from its head which inflict Weak, shooting them faster as it loses health, and the Head occasionally spins around the player and spawns Probes. The Prime Saw and Prime Vice inflict the Marked debuff. While gravity is reversed, speed and projectile fire rate is increased. Upon enraging when it turns to day, the head will heal to 300 life if is currently below that.
Total HP increased to 82,800. Fires brimstone lasers quicker. Calamitas inflicts the Horror debuff on contact. Her brothers inflict both the Horror debuff and the Marked debuff on contact. The brothers also fire projectiles quicker.
HP increased to 96,600. Fires seeds that deals 25% more damage and are significantly faster in phase 1. Deals 15% more contact damage during Phase 2. The tentacles deal more damage. Shoots Thorn Balls when under 25% health, only 3 can exist at one time. The more tentacles that are alive, the higher her defense is. Fires seeds, moves faster to catch up to the player and belches lingering spore clouds when all tentacles are dead. Spores inflict the Marked debuff. Hooks no longer spawn tentacles. Becomes more aggressive the less active tiles there are around her. If enraged during the day, she will regain health over time. If enraged during the night, she gains a massive defense boost.
Siren HP increased to 66,560, Leviathan HP increased to 145,120 (211,680 total). The Siren now spawns a Siren Clone at 50% health and 25% health. The Leviathan shoots faster. Detonating Bubbles and Aquatic Aberrations inflict the Marked debuff.
Golem[edit | edit source]
HP increased to 92,250. Shoots eye lasers and fireballs faster. Greatly increased defense in Phase 2, Body HP increased to 47,250. Fists can go through walls. All parts deal 25% more damage. The head, body, and fists inflict the Broken Armor debuff for 3 seconds. The fists inflict the Marked debuff. The body fires lasers in phase 2. The head is now vulnerable in phase 2, it also changes its movement pattern and starts firing explosive fireballs when the body is under 44% HP.
HP increased to 111,000. Becomes invulnerable while transitioning between phases. Transitions between phases at much higher life. Contact in all phases and almost all attacks damage increased by 25%, Sharknado's Damage increases by 50%, and Cthulhunado's damage increased by 12.5%. Vastly increased defense. Significantly faster charges. Spawns 3 Sharknadoes in phase 1, in a different pattern. The Sharkrons spawned by his tornadoes have more HP. Spawns a bunch of Sharkrons as well as bubbles when spinning in Phase 2. Spawns Cthulhunados during Phase 3. Cthulhunado size increased. Inflicts the Marked debuff on contact. Detonating Bubbles inflict the Marked debuff.
Total HP increased to 283,530. Inflicts the Horror debuff on contact. Drill missiles track the player more accurately. Fires more projectiles. Walls have smaller gaps between them.
HP increased to 80,000. Time window to defeat the illusions decreases as the Cultist's health decreases. Any projectile that tracks the player can make sharper turns, and are faster. Ice waves, shadowflame orbs and fireballs periodically fall from the sky throughout the battle. While the Lunatic Cultist is alive, the player takes 15% more damage from all sources. Lightning inflicts the Electrified debuff. Fires 2 Ice Mists instead of 1, which now inflict the Frozen debuff for 1 second, the Chilled debuff for 2 seconds, and the Frostburn debuff for 4 seconds. Clones no longer disappear. The Lunatic Cultist, its clones, and Ancient Dooms deal no contact damage. Each ritual spawns Ancient Dooms. Homing weapons ignore Lunatic Cultist while it is performing the ritual. Ancient Dooms ability to fire darkness balls is buffed.
Total HP increased to 374,080. The probes surrounding one of the worms shoot more mines. The worms are faster.
HP increased to 313,500. Hands HP increased to 45,000 each (90,000 both), Head HP increased to 81,000, Core HP increased to 142,500. Moon Lord teleports more frequently based on distance from the player. The Phantasmal Deathray now goes through tiles. True Eyes of Cthulhu no longer spawn. While the Moon Lord's Core is revealed, the player takes 10% more damage from all sources. Speed increased. Clots heal for 1,250 instead of 1,000.
Post-Moon Lord[edit | edit source]
The final guardian is faster, and it deals much more damage after the other two have been killed.
HP increased to 404,000. Increased speed and contact damage. Creates copies while flying. Maximum of 6 copies are able to spawn.
HP increased to 800,000. The Healer Guardian is more effective.
Storm Weaver and the Stasis Probes are faster. Lightning inflicts the Electrified debuff.
Dark Energy swarms are increased in numbers. The Dark Energies inflict the Horror debuff. At 50% health more Dark Energies are spawned however they are invincible and rotate around the point they were spawned.
HP increased to 3,360,000. In the first form, spawns the Cosmic Guardian after reaching 60% life and two more after reaching 20% life. In the final form, periodically breathes a stream of God Slayer "death breath" from its head. Additionally, the gaps between the laser walls are more randomized.
HP increased to 4,040,000. Transitions between phases at much higher life. Teleports and charges closer to the player.
HP increased to 8,800,000. Moves far more aggressively. Supreme Calamitas is invulnerable to damage until the brothers and Soul Seekers are dead.
Unique Items[edit | edit source]
Consumables[edit | edit source]
Reduces the time taken to fill up the Adrenaline Meter's bar by 5 seconds
Reduces the time taken to fill up the Adrenaline Meter's bar by 10 seconds
Increases the Rage Mode damage buff by 15%
Increases the Rage Mode damage buff by 15%
|Grants the user the Invincible buff when consumed, which grants them godmode for a short time|
Inflicts the Potion Sickness debuff for 30 seconds.
Increases the Rage Mode damage buff by 15%
Reduces the time taken to fill up the Adrenaline Meter's bar by 10 seconds
Weapons[edit | edit source]
|@+ + 2 + 2 + 33 + 33 + 33 + 33 + 5 + 33|
|@+ + + + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 60 + 12|
|Abyss Enemies (0.0001%) |
or or (0.01%)
|@+ 5 + 10 + 15|
|200 @ /+ 30 + 20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 +|
Accessories[edit | edit source]
Mounts[edit | edit source]
|Fab debuffwhile under||107 mph on ground & 61 mph when flying vertically|
Can walk, hover and fly
|Moon Lordpost-||40 mph on ground & 128 mph when falling|
Can jump very high and fall down quickly
|Providencepost-||61 mph while flying horizontally & 41 mph while flying vertically|
Can float in place and fly very fast
Pets[edit | edit source]
Thorium Mod Changes[edit | edit source]
"RevengeanceAndDeathThoriumBossBuff": option is set to true, then Revengeance Mode will buff all bosses from the Thorium Mod. All bosses, as well as their minions, receive health increases. All bosses, and their projectiles, deal 25% more damage. Additionally, most bosses receive damage reduction, are immune to Time Distortion, Glacial State and Temporal Sadness, and will now inflict the Marked and Horror debuffs.
Thorium Enemy DR[edit | edit source]
Thorium Boss Changes[edit | edit source]
- The Grand Thunder Bird: Health increased to 3,000. Hatchlings health increased to 37.
- The Queen Jellyfish: Health increased to 7,425. Distracting Jellyfish health increased to 75.
- Viscount: Health increased to 10,000. Bitey Babies health increased to 75.
- Granite Energy Storm: Health increased to 9,900.
- The Buried Champion: Health increased to 10,800.
- The Star Scouter: Health increased to 13,000. Health of the cores increased to 650.
- Borean Strider: Health increased to 21,000. Borean Hoppers health increased to 360. Borean Mytes health increased to 450.
- Coznix, The Fallen Beholder: Health increased to 40,000. Enemy Beholders health increased to 187.
- The Lich: Health increased to 51,200. Phylactery of a Thousand Souls health increased to 1,050.
- Abyssion, The Forgotten One: Health increased to 121,500. Abyssal Spawn health increased to 1,050.
- The Ragnarök: Aquaius, The Endless Tide health increased to 127,400. Aquaius, The Waning Tide health increased to 110,500. Omnicide, The Life Defiler health increased to 279,500. Slag Fury, The Primordial Flame health increased to 240,500. Dying Reality, the Ragnarök health increased to 260,000.
Messages[edit | edit source]
- "Revengeance is active." (When activated)
- "Revengeance is not active." (When deactivated)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Revengeance Mode is a replacement for previous difficulty modes added by the Calamity Mod, which were known as Prepare to Die and Prepare to Cry.
- The name of this mode is a reference to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. This is further supported by other references to the game within the mod, such as the Boss Health Bar, Red Sun, and the Murasama, as well as other items.
- Several Revengeance Mode features were present in previous versions of the mod that have since been removed or changed:
- Talking to the Nurse during a boss battle would summon a giant meteor (similar to the ones fired by The Leviathan) onto the player, instantly killing them and nearby NPCs.
- Meteorites would not be mineable and the Reaver Shark couldn't be swung until defeating the Brain of Cthulhu or Eater of Worlds.
- Soft caps on damage and crit chance were present, both of which have been removed, and a DR soft cap, which has been made global to all modes.
- All attacks labelled as summon will deal less damage if the player is holding a weapon belonging to a different class. This nerf scaled with progression. This change is now global to all modes and no longer scales.
- Revengeance Mode was a permanent change upon using the Revengeance item. It is now togglable.
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Combat||Hit Sounds • Immunity frames • Lifesteal • Minions • Proficiency • Rogue|
|Environment||Events • Music • Status messages|
|Items||Alternative crafting ingredients • Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||AI • Armageddon • Boss Health Bar • Boss Rush • Configuration options • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Fishing • Game controls • Iron Heart • Lore • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Death Prevention • Defense • Rage Meter|