- Not to be confused with Revengeance, which is the item that activates this gamemode.
Revengeance Mode is a new gamemode introduced in the Calamity Mod, serving as an increased difficulty level to Expert Mode. It is activated by using the Revengeance item, which is added to a newly spawned player's inventory, in an Expert Mode world. Attempting to activate it in a Normal Mode world has no effect, and using the item during a boss battle will instantly kill the player, with the death message '<PlayerName> was licked.'. The transition to Revengeance Mode is irreversible. It is further succeeded in difficulty by Death Mode.
General Changes[edit | edit source]
- Adds two new mechanics into the game, Rage Meter and Adrenaline Meter.
- All enemies drop 2 times more money.
- Enemy spawn rates are boosted.
- Before you have killed your first boss you take 20% less damage.
- During Pre-Hardmode, incoming damage is only reduced by 50% of Defense as opposed to the usual 75% for Expert mode. Defense's effectiveness returns to the Expert Mode value once Hardmode begins.
- Life regen is soft capped at 18. Any amount exceeding the cap will be 75% less effective.
- Immunity frames are capped at 2 seconds.
- Many enemies now inflict Horror and/or Marked for Death.
- All attacks labelled as summon will deal much less damage if the player is holding a weapon belonging to a different class. This decrease scales as you progress (0% in Pre-Hardmode, 33% in Hardmode and 66% Post-Moon Lord).
- Otherwise, summon attacks will deal 10% higher damage, but only if the player has not defeated the Moon Lord.
- Allows usage of the Defiled Rune and Death.
- Bosses drop 11 treasure bags while Armageddon is active.
- Sandstorms cannot occur until Skeletron has been defeated, including ones summoned by the player.
- Titanium armor's Shadow Dodge set bonus lasts 6 seconds instead of 30.
Damage Reduction[edit | edit source]
- Grants percentage-based damage reduction to many enemies and bosses, including vanilla ones. Depending on intensity, this can cause opponents to take significantly longer to kill.
- To compensate, Ichor decreases damage reduction by 25% and Cursed Inferno decreases damage reduction by 20%; if both debuffs are applied, Ichor will take priority. Note that these effects apply to both enemies and the player.
- In addition to this, Betsy's Curse decreases damage reduction by 33%, independent of Ichor and Cursed Inferno.
- Enemy damage reduction is not calculated in the same manner as player damage reduction:
- Firstly, incoming damage is increased by adding one quarter of the struck enemy's defense.
- This increased damage is multiplied by (1 minus the enemy's damage reduction).
- Finally, this value is subtracted by half of the enemy's defense as usual.
- This does not apply to enemies with zero damage reduction; damage is calculated normally.
Vanilla Enemy DR[edit | edit source]
Boss AI Changes[edit | edit source]
This is a list of all boss fight changes caused by Revengeance Mode. The names of vanilla bosses are italicized.
Pre-Hardmode[edit | edit source]
- King Slime: Teleports more frequently and takes less time to teleport. Jumps and moves faster.
- Desert Scourge: HP increased to 4,240. Spawns with two smaller Desert Scourges. Shoots sand blasts at the player.
- Eye of Cthulhu: HP increased to 4,550. Charges more often in phase one. Enters phase two at 3/4 total life. Charges more quickly and more randomly in phase two. Gains much more contact damage in phase 2.
- Crabulon: HP increased to 4,224. Jumps and moves faster. Crab Shrooms fall faster. Occasionslly summons a horizontal line of evenly-spaced mushrooms above itself that fall downwards.
- Eater of Worlds: Max HP increased to 17,716. Head segments shoot Cursed Flames, and is more defensive to piercing damage. Head segments deal 85% more contact damage, whereas other segments do 50% more.
- Brain of Cthulhu: HP increased to 2,380. Periodically spawns additional Creepers every few seconds in phase two, but will not revert to invulnerability. The Brain has increased resistance to knockback.
- The Hive Mind: HP increased to 12,672. The Hive Mind inflicts the Horror debuff upon contact with the player. Periodically spawns more Hive Blobs every few seconds in phase 1. Moves much faster in phase 2 and gains the ability to perform a spinning dash after teleporting.
- The Perforators: Total HP increased to 17,647. The Perforator Hive shoots more projectiles, and the Perforators themselves inflict the Horror debuff when they hit the player.
- Queen Bee: HP increased to 5,472. Spawns Bees faster and can shoot two stingers at a time instead of one. More contact damage and more random stinger velocity.
- Skeletron: Head HP increased to 11,000.. Hand HP increased to 2,028. Skeletron's head charge is faster and does more damage. Always shoots homing skulls and his hands attack more often. The rate of fire increases as the battle continues.
- Slime God: Total HP increased to 22,500. The Ebonian and Crimulan Slime Gods shoot orbs more often, though the Crimulan Slime God will only shoot orbs if the Ebonian Slime God is dead. The Slime God Core moves faster. The Adrenaline Meter will not charge if the Slime God Core is killed first.
- Wall of Flesh: HP increased to 19.600. Moves faster. Fires lasers for a longer duration when it does fire them, lasers are faster, and they do more damage. Its lasers become much stronger as it loses health. Detached Hungries and Leeches have much more health and do more damage.
Hardmode[edit | edit source]
- Cryogen: HP increased to 42,080. Gains the ability to inflict Chilled and Frozen. Shoots projectiles faster.
- The Twins: Total HP increased to 90,525. Both must be in phase 2 at the same time otherwise the other Twin will remain invulnerable. While Retinazer is alive and in its second phase, arrow-like projectiles with homing capabilities fall from the sky and explode on contact with the player or blocks. Spazmatism charges more aggressively if Retinazer is defeated first. Retinazer's lasers gain slight homing properties if Spazmatism is defeated first.
- Brimstone Elemental: HP increased to 57,132. Damage increases as health decreases, projectile speed is increased and inflict the Abyssal Flames debuff. Inflicts the Horror debuff on contact. Summons Brimlings to fight alongside her.
- The Destroyer: HP increased to 138,000. The body gains a defense bonus, while the head and the tail have much less defense. The bonus/loss becomes lower as it loses health. Shoots lasers faster, and even faster while the player has more than half of their maximum health. Lasers sometimes go through blocks or home in on the player and their speed depends on the player's current speed. Piercing attacks despawn after damaging the Destroyer a certain amount of times, limiting their effectiveness. The Destroyer can also fire frost beams that can inflict Chilled for 2 minutes, as well as Frozen and Glacial State for 2 seconds. The Probes no longer drop hearts. Contact damage increased.
- Aquatic Scourge: HP increased to 136,000. Head inflicts the Marked for Death debuff on contact.
- Skeletron Prime: HP increased to 58,800. Speed while spinning is increased, also increases as he loses more health. Shoots skulls from his head, shooting them faster as he loses health. The Prime Laser shoots lasers faster. The Prime Cannon shoots projectiles faster.
- Calamitas: Total HP increased to 82,800. Fires brimstone lasers quicker. Calamitas inflicts the Horror debuff on contact. Her brothers inflict both the Horror debuff and the Marked for Death debuff on contact. The brothers also fire projectiles quicker.
- Plantera: HP increased to 69,300. Fires seeds significantly faster in phase 1. Deals much more contact damage during phase 2 and periodically spawns more tentacles. The tentacles have much more health and deal more damage. The hooks shoot spores during phase 2. Shoots Thorn Balls when under 25% health.
- Siren and Leviathan: Total HP increased to 170,022. The Siren's ice shield blocks piercing projectiles. The Leviathan shoots faster.
- Astrum Aureus: HP increased to 129,720. After Moon Lord has been defeated, its stats are greatly buffed.
- Astrum Deus: Total HP increased to 249,360. The probes surrounding one of the worms shoot more mines. The worms are faster.
- Golem: HP increased to 64,500. Its fists cannot be destroyed. Shoots eye lasers and fireballs faster. Greatly increased defense in phase 2. Fists can go through walls. Gains an increasing damage bonus as its life decreases.
- Plaguebringer Goliath: HP increased to 123,640. Is faster, missiles travel faster, the Horror and Marked for Death debuffs are applied to the player on contact, and spawns more projectiles. Spawns Plaguebringers.
- Duke Fishron: HP increased to 111,000. Becomes invulnerable while transitioning between phases. Transitions between phases at much higher life. Vastly increased damage and defense. Significantly faster charges. The sharks spawned by his tornadoes have more hp. Spawns Cthulhunados during phase three.
- Ravager: Total HP increased to 283,530. Inflicts the Horror debuff on contact. Drill missiles track the player more accurately. Fires more projectiles. Walls have smaller gaps between them.
- Lunatic Cultist: HP increased to 62,000. Time window to defeat the illusions decreases as the Cultist's health decreases. Any projectile that tracks the player can make sharper turns, and are faster. Ice waves, shadowflame orbs and fireballs periodically fall from the sky throughout the battle. Summons Eidolists when below 50% life. While the Lunatic Cultist is alive, the player takes 20% more damage from all sources.
- Moon Lord: HP increased to 391,875. Summons Eidolists throughout the fight. Summons additional True Eyes of Cthulhu which are vulnerable to damage. Moon Lord's Core is invulnerable if at least one vulnerable True Eye of Cthulhu is alive. Moon Lord's empty sockets periodically fire Phantasmal Eyes and Phantasmal Bolts. The Moon Lord's Core will spawn 3 True Eyes of Cthulhu upon reaching 50% health, thereby rendering itself invulnerable again. While the Moon Lord's Core is revealed, the player takes 10% more damage from all sources.
Post-Moon Lord[edit | edit source]
- Profaned Guardians: The final guardian deals much more damage after the other two have been killed.
- Providence, the Profaned Goddess: HP increased to 478,400. The Guardian Healers are more effective.
- Polterghast: HP increased to 1,056,000. Polterghast is faster, spawns more Phantom Turrets and Phantom Spirits, has more damage reduction and enters phase 3 earlier. Phantom Turrets are faster and Phantoms shoot more often.
- Storm Weaver: Storm Weaver and the Stasis Probes are faster.
- Ceaseless Void: Dark Energy swarms are increased in numbers. The Dark Energies inflict the Horror debuff. At 50% health more Dark Energies are spawned however they are invincible and rotate around the point they were spawned.
- Signus, Envoy of the Devourer: HP increased to 712,800. The lanterns inflict the Marked for Death debuff and are faster. Signus is faster, shoots projectiles more often and inflicts the Horror debuff on contact.
- The Devourer of Gods: HP increased to 1,800,000. In the first form, spawns the Devourer of Thots after reaching 60% life and two more after reaching 20% life.
- Bumblebirb: HP increased to 800,000. Increased speed and contact damage. Creates copies while flying. Maximum of 9 copies are able to spawn.
- Jungle Dragon, Yharon: HP increased to 4,040,000. Transitions between phases at much higher life. Teleports and charges closer to the player. Heals to 60% of max health at the start of phase two.
- Supreme Calamitas: HP increased to 8,800,000. Moves far more aggressively. Supreme Calamitas is invulnerable to damage until the brothers and Soul Seekers are dead. The arena's size is reduced from 253x253 to 189x189 blocks. Instantly kills the player if they take less than 100 damage from a attack.
Unique Items[edit | edit source]
Consumables[edit | edit source]
Reduces the time taken to fill up the Adrenaline Meter's bar by 5 seconds
|Electrolyte Gel Pack||Permanent power-up|
Reduces the time taken to fill up the Adrenaline Meter's bar by 10 seconds
|Infernal Blood||Permanent power-up|
Increases the Rage Mode damage buff by 20% / 80%
|Mushroom Plasma Root||Permanent power-up|
Increases the Rage Mode damage buff by 20% / 80%
|Purified Jam||Grants the user the Invincible buff when consumed, which grants them godmode for a short time|
Inflicts the Potion Sickness debuff for 30 seconds.
|Red Lightning Container||Permanent power-up|
Increases the Rage Mode damage buff by 20% / 80%
|Starlight Fuel Cell||Permanent power-up|
Reduces the time taken to fill up the Adrenaline Meter's bar by 10 seconds
Weapons[edit | edit source]
|Apotheosis||+ + 3 + 2 + 77 + 77 + 77 + 77 + 77 @|
|Drataliornus||+ + + + 2 + 2 + 2 + 8 + 80 + 160 + 80 + 80 + 80 @|
|Halibut Cannon||Abyss Enemies (0.1%) |
or or (1%)
|Scourge of the Desert||(100%)|
Accessories[edit | edit source]
|Astral Arcanum||+ + @||Taking damage drops astral stars from the sky.|
Provides immunity to the god slayer inferno debuff.
You have a 5% chance to reflect projectiles when they hit you.
If this effect triggers you get healed for the projectile's damage.
Boosts life regen even while under the effects of a damaging debuff.
While under the effects of a damaging debuff you will gain 40 defense.
Pressing certain hotkeys allows you to teleport to the Dungeon, The Jungle, The Underworld or a random location
|Celestial Jewel||+ (20) @||Boosts life regen even while under the effects of a damaging debuff.|
While under the effects of a damaging debuff you will gain 20 defense.
Press P to teleport to a random location.
|Celestial Tracers||+ + (5) + 25 @||Counts as wings. Excellent acceleration, excellent flight time, ludicrous speed!|
Greater mobility on ice,and Water and lava walking.
Temporary immunity to lava.
Being hit for over 200 damage will make you immune for an extended time.
|The Community||(1%)||Starts off with weak buffs to all of your stats, which become more powerful depending on which bosses are defeated in the world.|
Reduces the DoT effects of harmful debuffs inflicted on you and increases maximum flight time by 15%.
|Counter Scarf||(100%)||Melee weapons that don't fire projectiles are granted 20% more damage.|
Grants the ability to dash; dashing into an attack will cause you to dodge it.
|Crown Jewel||(100%)||Boosts life regen even while under the effects of a damaging debuff.|
While under the effects of a damaging debuff you will gain 15 defense.
|Drew's Wings||(100%)||Excellent acceleration and flight time.|
|Draedon's Heart||+ + + (30) @||Gives 10% more damage while under the Heart Attack debuff.|
Slowly fills the Rage Meter over time and makes the player emit light based on their rage level.
Standing still greatly increases defense and life regeneration.
|Frost Flare||(100%)||All melee attacks and projectiles inflict frostburn.|
You gain Immunity to frostburn, chilled, and frozen and resistance to cold attacks.
Being above 75% life grants the player a small offensive buff, while being below 25% life grants the player extra movement speed and defense.
|Heart of Darkness||Any boss (5%)||Slowly fills the Rage Meter over time, boosts damage by 10% and makes the player emit light based on their rage level.|
|Laudanum||Any boss (5%)||+6% damage and crit chances, +8 defense and +5% acceleration and max speed.|
Provides immunity to the Horror debuff.
|Siren's Heart||(25%)||Transforms the player into a siren, giving them a defensive boost, an ice shield which reduces oncoming attack damage, a large movement speed buff in water and the ability to swim.|
In addition to this, enemies who touch the player become frozen, town NPCs sell goods at a reduced price, and dangersense/enemy detection.
|Stress Pills||Any boss (5%)||Boosts damage and crit chance by 5%, defense by 5, and max movement speed and acceleration by 5%.|
Mounts[edit | edit source]
|Fabsol||while under Fab buff||93 mph on ground & 115 mph when flying vertically|
Can walk, hover and fly
|Suspicious Looking Jelly Bean||post-Moon Lord||40 mph on ground & 128 mph when falling|
Can jump very high and fall down quickly
|Brimrose||post-Providence||61 mph while flying horizontally & 41 mph while flying vertically|
Can float in place and fly very fast
Pets[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Revengeance Mode is a replacement for previous difficulty modes added by the Calamity Mod, which were known as Prepare to Die and Prepare to Cry.
- The name of this mode is a reference to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. This is further supported by other references to the game within the mod, such as the Boss Health Bar, Red Sun, Murasama, and the flavor text for Draedon's Heart, as well as other items.
- In previous versions of the mod, when Revengeance Mode was active, talking to the Nurse during a boss battle would summon a giant boulder (similar to the ones fired by The Leviathan) onto the player, instantly killing them and nearby NPCs, and meteorites would not be mineable and the Reaver Shark couldn't be swung until defeating the Brain of Cthulhu or Eater of Worlds. This mode also featured soft caps on damage and crit chance, both of which have been removed, and a DR soft cap, which has been made global to all modes.
|Environment||Events • Music • Status messages|
|Items||Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||Armageddon • Boss Health Bar • Boss Rush • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Fishing • Game controls • Iron Heart • Lore • Proficiency • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Death Prevention • Defense • Rage Meter|