Scoria Ore is a Hardmode ore which generates in the Abyss biome. It can be found on the underside of the floating Abyss Gravel islands, dropping harmful lava particles into the water beneath itself. These lava particles have a base damage of 25.
It requires at least a Picksaw to mine, and is used to craft Scoria Bars at an Adamantite Forge or a Titanium Forge. It is also dropped by Chaotic Puffers and Devil Fish after the Golem has been defeated.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Destructive explosives, such as Bombs or Dynamite, can be used to destroy this ore after the Golem has been defeated.
- Unlike most other ores, this ore does not require a boss to be defeated in order to be mined aside from the Picksaw requirement, meaning that it can be mined even in a Pre-Hardmode world.
- The lava particles that this ore drops can provide natural light to the normally pitch-black Abyss.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Scoria is a type of igneous rock with similar properties to basalt.
- Scoria Ore used to be known as Chaotic Ore, and is still referred to as such in the mod's files.
- This ore used to generate in The Underworld, but it was later relocated to the Abyss.
- This was to give further incentive to explore the Abyss, and also because the ore had issues with generating into the Underworld's ruined houses.
|Ore • Bar • Brick • Brick Wall • Seismic Hampick • Tectonic Truncator • Rift Reeler|
Hellfire Flamberge • Vulcanite Lance • Fault Line • Subduction Slicer • Helstorm • Continental Greatbow • Forbidden Sun
Hydrothermic armor • Hadal Mantle
Blocks • Furniture • Walls