The Scorpio is a craftable Hardmode launcher with extraordinary area-of-effect capabilities. Its two firing modes both consume a single rocket of any kind upon firing.
Left-click gives a fully automatic rapid-fire stream of homing rockets that inflict the weapon's normal damage. Right-click is also automatic, slowly firing seeker rockets that inflict twice the weapon's normal damage in a ludicrously large area of effect (square radius of approximately 24 tiles). Despite its lower fire rate, the right-click function gives a similar DPS on every enemy within a large area without consuming any additional ammunition.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
||A high velocity rocket that explodes upon striking a tile or an enemy. Fired with left-click.
||A low velocity missile that explodes with a very huge blast radius upon striking a tile or an enemy. Fired with right-click.
- The primary fire has a fixed use time of 12 ticks, and the secondary fire has a fixed use time of 42 ticks; as a result, no modifier can increase or decrease the firing rate of the launcher.
- Against worm enemies like Astrum Deus, the Scorpio is spectacularly effective, often requiring no other equipment aside from reasonable armor.
- Astrum Deus resists the alternate fire of Scorpio by 70%. Despite this, the weapon is still very effective due to the size of the explosion.
- The obscenely large area of effect can be a pain in certain circumstances, as it may kill benign creatures the player wanted to capture.
- The left-click rapid fire functionality can be useful against hard to hit enemies, as you can put more rockets in the air faster. However, right-click has superior damage-per-money spent on ammo.