Sentinels of the Devourer
The Sentinels of the Devourer are three post-Moon Lord bosses that can all be summoned with the Rune of Kos. Defeating all three will give the items necessary to craft a Cosmic Worm, which summons The Devourer of Gods. Weakened versions of the Sentinels are also summoned by The Devourer of Gods upon the defeat of his first form.
The item used to summon the Sentinels, the Rune of Kos, can be crafted before defeating Providence, the Profaned Goddess, but it is also dropped upon her death. Despite each boss being summoned using the Rune of Kos, you must be in the correct biome in order to summon a certain Sentinel. These biomes are the Sky for the Storm Weaver, the Underworld for Signus, Envoy of the Devourer, and the Dungeon for the Ceaseless Void.
|Boss||Spawn Area||Key Item Drop|
|Storm Weaver||Sky||Armored Shell|
|Ceaseless Void||Dungeon||Dark Plasma|
|Signus, Envoy of the Devourer||Underworld||Twisting Nether|
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Sentinels of the Devourer are the three entities that answer directly and only to the Devourer of Gods; they hold no loyalty of any kind to anyone else, except under their master's orders. Each one is bound to the Devourer under a magical pact - offering their abilities and allegiance in exchange for a fragment of the immense power the cosmic serpent has amassed from its divine prey. The Devourer wields their strength, and they in turn are infused with the Devourer's might. Their current collective mission is to hunt down the Profaned Goddess and expose her where the Devourer of Gods can manifest to kill her. Drawn to the magic of Providence, it is likely that even a rune infused with that same magic would suffice to provoke them - and if all three were to fall, perhaps the Devourer of Gods may begin to take notice of what slew them…
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Sentinels' theme is Servants of the Scourge, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO. The theme splits to 3 types for each Sentinel: Storm Weaver (Type W), Ceaseless Void (Type V) then Signus (Type S), respectively.
- When the Calamity Music addon mod is disabled and the Calamity base mod enabled, Boss 3 will play for Storm Weaver and Ceaseless Void, and Boss 4 will play for Signus, Envoy of the Devourer.
- This theme contains a motif from The Devourer of Gods' theme.
- This theme does not play when weakened forms of the Sentinels are summoned after The Devourer of Gods first form is defeated. Instead, Scourge of the Universe will play until all of the Sentinels are defeated.
- DM DOKURO has also made theme for the repeated battles with the Sentinels that occur between The Devourer of Gods' first and second forms, known as Servants of the Scourge (Type D) (this track can be heard in a video made by DM DOKURO titled The Devourer of Gods: Nonstop Mix), which is not currently used in-game. It is unknown if it will be implemented in the future.
- Like most of the post-Moon Lord boses, they don't have a Lore item. They also don't have a Treasure Bag.