Soul of Cryogen

From Calamity Mod Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Learn more about Expert Mode
Fortune and glory, kid.
Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert Mode and Expert Mode worlds.
Soul of Cryogen
  • Soul of Cryogen.gif
  • Soul of Cryogen equipped
Stack digit 1.png
TypeAccessoryCrafting material
TooltipThe magic of the ancient ice castle is yours
Counts as wings
Horizontal speed: 6.25
Acceleration multiplier: 1
Average vertical speed
Flight time: 120
7% increase to all damage
All melee attacks and projectiles inflict frostburn
Icicles rain down as you fly
Provides heat and cold protection in Death Mode
Inflicts DebuffFrostburnFrostburn
100% chance

Debuff duration2, 4, or 6 seconds (Melee attacks)
Debuff tooltipIt's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts
RarityRarity Level: rainbow
Sell 7 Gold Coin.png 99 Silver Coin.png 99 Copper Coin.png
Dropped by
Entity Quantity Rate
Cryogen 1 100%

The Soul of Cryogen is a Hardmode, Expert Mode-exclusive accessory obtained from the Treasure Bag dropped by Cryogen. It is a wing accessory, allowing the player to fly and glide, and grants immunity to fall damage. While flying, the player continuously rains down icicle shards that harm enemies on contact, dealing 25 base damage which is boosted by all class damage boosts. The Soul of Cryogen also increases the damage the player deals by 7%, and causes all of the player's melee attacks to inflict the Frostburn debuff.

Crafting[edit | edit source]

Used in[edit | edit source]

Result IngredientsCrafting Station
Kelvin Catalyst Ice StarIce Star (200) Mythril AnvilMythril Anvil /
Orichalcum AnvilOrichalcum Anvil
Frozen KeyFrozen Key
Frigid BarFrigid Bar (20)
Essence of EleumEssence of Eleum (10)
AvalancheAvalanche (2)
Bittercold StaffBittercold Staff (2)
Effluvium BowEffluvium Bow (2)
Glacial CrusherGlacial Crusher (2)
IcebreakerIcebreaker (2)
Snowstorm StaffSnowstorm Staff (2)
Soul of CryogenSoul of Cryogen (2)
Frost FlareFrost Flare (2)
Frost CoreFrost Core (2)
Cryo StoneCryo Stone

Notes[edit | edit source]

  • While equipped, melee attacks have a 25% chance for Frostburn to be inflicted for 6 seconds, a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 4 seconds, and a 37.5% chance to be inflicted for 2 seconds.
  • In Death Mode, this accessory counts as cold and heat immunity gear.

Trivia[edit | edit source]

  • Talking to the Archmage with the Soul of Cryogen equipped will display a unique quote.