Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
The Sulphurous Sea is a biome added by the Calamity Mod which spawns upon world creation. It replaces the Ocean on the Dungeon side, and is located on top of the Abyss. Its water is yellow, and it contains a hole leading to the Abyss.
It is entirely composed of Sulphurous Sand, which can spawn dangerous sulphur bubbles when underwater. These bubbles can't hurt the player until they have reached maximum size. The water is also hazardous, inflicting Poisoned that grows more damaging the longer the player stays in it. Coral, Seashell and Starfish also grow faster in this biome.
Contents[edit | edit source]
From Aquatic Urchin:
From Gnasher in Hardmode:
Fishing in the Sulphurous Sea will warrant different catches based on fishing power, and are as follows:
- Planty Mush - Can only be caught with 0 to 80 fishing power.
- Planty Mush's coded requirement is actually 40 to 80. However, as this item replaces Junk catches in the Sulphurous Sea, it is technically 0 to 80.
- Alluring Bait - Can only be caught with 60 to 120 fishing power.
- Anechoic Plating, Depths Charm, Iron Boots, and Strange Orb - Can only be caught with 80 to 140 fishing power in Hardmode.
- Abyssal Amulet - Can only be caught with 100 to 160 fishing power.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Equipping a Bezoar, or any other accessory to prevent the Poisoned debuff, will only reduce the damage taken from the sulphuric water rather than render it harmless.
- Using Steam Cloud to save a modded world will usually lead to all modded tiles being deleted from that world, so it is recommended to have it disabled.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This area is very dangerous for early game players, as it houses many strong enemies, like the Mauler.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The theme heard while in the Sulphurous Sea is wasteland, which is composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
| Biomes and Structures|
|Biomes|| Abyss • Astral Meteor • Brimstone Crag • Sulphurous Sea|
Cavern • The Corruption • The Crimson • Desert • Dungeon • The Hallow • Jungle • Jungle Temple • Mushroom • Ocean • Space • Snow • Surface • Underground • The Underworld
|Structures||Evil Island • Ice Tomb • Planetoid • Shrine|