"Do you enjoy going through hell?"
- Not to be confused with her doppelganger.
Supreme Calamitas is a post-Moon Lord superboss that can be fought at anywhere and at any time of day. She is currently the most challenging opponent in the Calamity Mod and is notoriously difficult, especially on Revengeance Mode or Death Mode. The player should be very well equipped both physically and mentally before taking her on.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Supreme Calamitas does not spawn on her own and requires the player to summon her with the Eye of Extinction anywhere at any time. The Eye of Extinction is reusable, so Supreme Calamitas may be summoned any number of times. Her spawn quote will vary depending on the number of previous attempts.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Supreme Calamitas will behave similarly to Calamitas, but with a new, extensive set of far more powerful attacks. She switches between these attacks at seemingly irregular intervals. She always remains either directly above or to the side of the player, only breaking position during bullet hell phases or during her devastating dash attacks.
Upon spawning, Supreme Calamitas will create a large rectangular arena made of unbreakable tiles. Leaving it will cause Supreme Calamitas to enrage, speeding up her Brimstone Hellblasts significantly and giving her 99% damage reduction.
Supreme Calamitas will instantly kill the player if they either survive more than twenty-five hits (less in higher difficulty modes) over the course of a single fight or take less than 20 damage in a single blow from any of her attacks. This is to discourage the use of powerful equipment from other mods to trivialize the fight. With the Flesh Totem equipped, the damage threshold is lowered to 10.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
While Supreme Calamitas is mobile, she will switch between these attacks at irregular intervals.
- She charges at the player at an incredibly high speed, dealing massive damage. This typically occurs several times in a row.
- She shoots bursts of Abyssal Souls at the player.
- She fires Giga Blasts, which home in on the player and burst into Abyssal Souls upon contact with blocks.
- She launches Abyssal Fireblasts, which home in on the player and explode into a large ring of Abyssal Souls after some time or upon contact with blocks.
- She remains at the player's side and fires a barrage of Brimstone Hellblasts, which accelerate towards the player.
Progression[edit | edit source]
Supreme Calamitas will perform these attacks once, triggered by her reaching certain amounts of health.
- Upon spawning and at other points throughout the fight, she will summon a randomized "bullet hell" of vertical and horizontal Brimstone Hellblasts which travel from one edge of the player's screen to the other. She will be invincible and immobile until the bullet hell ends after a certain amount of time.
After the bullet hell ends, she will summon the Sepulcher to assist her. Ten immobile Brimstone Hearts will spawn along with it, all of which must be destroyed before the Sepulcher can be damaged. The Sepulcher doesn't deal contact damage, but shoots bursts of Abyssal Souls in diagonal directions. Supreme Calamitas will be invincible until the Sepulcher is killed.
- Upon reaching 75% health, the next bullet hell triggers, in which Supreme Calamitas will fire Giga Blasts at the player from the sidelines. This occurs in every bullet hell hereafter.
- Upon reaching 50% health, the next bullet hell triggers, in which Supreme Calamitas will also fire Abyssal Fireblasts at the player along with the previous projectiles. This occurs in every bullet hell hereafter.
- Upon reaching 45% health, she will summon her brothers, Supreme Catastrophe and Supreme Cataclysm, to assist her. They both remain a set distance to the upper left and upper right of the player, periodically firing Brimstone Hellblasts in the player's direction.
- Upon reaching 40% health, she transitions into her second phase, her body now appearing damaged.
- Upon reaching 30% health, the next bullet hell triggers, featuring huge, invincible Brimstone Monster orbs which move towards the player at varying speeds and persist throughout the rest of the fight.
- Upon reaching 20% health, she will summon a large, spinning ring of many Soul Seeker (Supreme) around the player, which sporadically fire Abyssal Souls inward.
- Upon reaching 10% health, the final bullet hell will begin, featuring every projectile introduced thus far, with the inclusion of Brimstone Flame Skulls which fly in a wave pattern.
- Upon reaching 8% health, she will summon the Sepulcher and its 10 Brimstone Hearts again. Supreme Calamitas will once again be invincible until the Sepulcher and its hearts are killed.
In Expert Mode[edit | edit source]
- The hit cap is lowered to 20 hits.
In Revengeance Mode[edit | edit source]
- Massively increased speed and moves far more aggressively.
- The arena created by Supreme Calamitas is much smaller.
- The hit cap is lowered to 15 hits.
- Supreme Calamitas is invulnerable to damage until the brothers and Soul Seekers are dead.
In Death Mode[edit | edit source]
- The arena created by Supreme Calamitas is even smaller.
- The hit cap is lowered to 10 hits.
- Direct contact with any of Supreme Calamitas' projectiles inflicts Vulnerability Hex.
- Mounts are disabled during the fight.
Summons[edit | edit source]
|Sepulcher||After the first bullet hell and upon reaching 8% health.|
|Soul Seeker (Supreme)||Upon reaching 20% health.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Many regeneration effects such as regular health regen or hearts (such as from Heart Statues) are weaker, making it a bit harder to recover health. This partially forces the player to take as few hits as possible.
- Teleporters as well as the Cell Phone, Magic Mirror and Recall Potions are disabled during the fight.
- Summoning Supreme Calamitas will cause the Nurse to despawn.
- The player can leave the Supreme Calamitas' "arena" with the Rod of Discord or spaces where arena blocks are not placed, however doing so will cause her to enrage.
- Having any kind of godmode active during the Supreme Calamitas fight will still kill the player after the hit cap been reached.
- The lul item, which acts like a godmode, can let you ignore all damage from Supreme Calamitas, including her hit counter. However, she will still be able to inflict debuffs.
- Supreme Calamitas cannot be instantly killed by using another mod's 'butcher' function or an overpowered weapon.
- If instantly killed by other means, she will drop no items at all except for Supreme Healing Potions, regardless of the difficulty.
- In addition to this, Supreme Calamitas will say a different quote than her usual quote when killed.
- If instantly killed by other means, she will drop no items at all except for Supreme Healing Potions, regardless of the difficulty.
- The Adrenaline Meter in Revengeance and Death Mode will always take 45 seconds to fill up during this fight, regardless of the upgrades the player may have used before.
- The Shadow Dodge buff is disabled when Supreme Calamitas is summoned.
- If you die due to the hit cap, it will not be added to Supreme Calamitas' death counter.
- When the effects of Armageddon is used, Supreme Calamitas' hit counter will be changed to one. Making each of her death saying her hit counter quote as well as not adding it to her death counter.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Homing weapons such as the Ark of the Cosmos or the Subsuming Vortex work well against Supreme Calamitas as the player can focus on dodging while dealing massive damage in return.
- The Scourge of the Cosmos paired with Nanotech and Reaper Tooth Necklace can decimate Supreme Calamitas, as well as making short work of the Soul Seekers and Supreme Calamitas' brothers.
- The Voltaic Climax or the Phoenix Flame Barrage can be great choices for mage due to their massive damage output.
- The Exoblade especially paired with Auric Tesla armor can be a godsend in terms of dealing damage and healing. However, dodging attacks is still very important due to the hit counter.
- Yharim's Crystal is a powerful weapon against the Sepulcher and Brimstone Hearts due to its lack of travel time, piercing and insanely high damage output.
- The Photoviscerator is a great choice for a ranger, as will make short work of both Supreme Catastrophe and Supreme Cataclysm as well as being effective against Supreme Calamitas.
- The Burning Sky is a great weapon for this boss because of the large number of projectiles the weapon can spawn, allowing the player to focus mainly on dodging. Be aware of the sheer number of projectiles spawned by that weapon, as it obstructs the vision, making you more prone to getting hit by one of Supreme Calamitas's projectiles.
- Don't bother trying to attack Supreme Calamitas during the bullet hell phases. She will be immune to damage during them.
- Try to master the first bullet hell phase. The projectiles are far more damaging at the beginning and they deal less damage in the further phases, so it's better to take as little damage as possible in the first attack.
- A Rod of Discord may be a life saver during the bullet hell phases, even if the player will be forced to damage themselves to pass through barrages of projectiles. Taking damage from the Rod is far preferable to being hit by Supreme Calamitas's attacks, as taking self-inflicted Rod damage does not add to the hit counter.
- The Portal Gun is a good choice, especially for the bullet hell phases, as you can teleport repeatedly without taking damage. Keep in mind the distance between the Portals to avoid accidentally taking hits.
- The Brimrose can help with manueverability and allow you to be more controlled so you don't ram into any projectiles.
- During bullet hell phases, it's good in some cases to stick to a wall when the projectiles are only moving from one side, as it may be easier to dodge them. Be sure to watch out for the Giga Blasts that home in on the player.
- Supreme Calamitas' dash can sometimes deal fatal damage, so it's recommended to attack with weapons that have decent range or homing ability which will make it easier to dodge her dashes.
- Making an arena can potentially increase mobility, which is useful for dodging Supreme Calamitas' fast attacks.
- Using defensive accessories, such as Siren's Heart, Affliction, the Rampart of Deities, Core of the Blood God, and the Asgardian Aegis is generally not recommended, as they do not help against the hit counter.
- Fly in the direction of the Brimstone Hellblasts Supreme Calamitas spawns during her bullet hell phases and be sure to fly slowly. This will help prevent the player from being hit by unnoticed projectiles or dashing/running into them.
- Every Bullet Hell last only 15 seconds.
- The Wand can make very short work of her vulnerable phases but severely obstructs vision making dodging entirely luck based when caught inside. However during the brimstone hellblast subphase you can use one area to spam infernados while keeping yourself in another area of improved visibility due to the ability to control her position.
- The Apotheosis can decimate Supreme Calamitas, sometimes doing enough damage to skip phases.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Summoning[edit | edit source]
- "You must enjoy dying more than most people, huh?" (When summoned after 5 deaths)
- "Do you have a fetish for getting killed or something?" (When summoned after 20 deaths)
- "Alright, I'm done counting. You probably died this much just to see what I'd say." (When summoned after 50 deaths)
- "Do you enjoy going through hell?" (When summoned after defeating her prior)
- "Don't get me wrong, I like pain too, but you're just ridiculous." (When summoned after defeating her 4 times prior)
Progression[edit | edit source]
- "Alright, let's get started. Not sure why you're bothering." (When first bullet hell stops)
- "You seem so confident, yet painfully ignorant of what has yet to transpire." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 75% health)
- "Couldn't leave well enough alone could you? Everything was going well until you came along." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 50% health)
- "Brothers, could you assist me for a moment? Dealing with this fool is growing tiresome." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 45% health)
- "Don't worry, I still have plenty of tricks left." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 40% health)
- "Hmm...perhaps I should let the little ones out to play for a while." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 30% health)
- "Impressive...but still not good enough!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 20% health)
- "I'm just getting started!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 10% health)
- "What!? How are you still alive!?" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 8% health)
- "Just stop!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 6% health)
- "Even if you defeat me you still have my lord to contend with!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 4% health)
- "To this day my lord has yet to lose a battle!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 2% health)
- "Not even I could defeat him! What hope do YOU have!?" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 1% health)
- "He has grown far stronger since we fought...I can't see you defeating him, at least not with your current strength." (When Supreme Calamitas has been invincible for 10 seconds)
- "Well...I guess this is the end..." (When Supreme Calamitas has been invincible for 15 seconds and becomes vulnerable)
- "At long last I am free...no...wait. I'll just keep coming back, like you. Funny how that works...isn't it?" (Shortly after being defeated for the first time)
- "Perhaps one of these times I'll change my mind after all these deaths..." (When she become vulnerable after defeating her prior)
Defeating[edit | edit source]
- "You didn't die at all huh? Welp, you probably cheated then. Do it again, for real this time...but here's your reward I guess." (When defeating the boss with no deaths)
- "One death? That's it? ...I guess you earned this then." (When defeating the boss after one death)
- "Two deaths. Good job. Here's your reward." (When defeating the boss after two deaths)
- "Third time's the charm huh? I guess it is. Here's a special reward." (When defeating the boss after three deaths)
- "Go to hell." (When defeated using the butcher function in Cheat Sheet)
Losing[edit | edit source]
- "You got hit too many times...noice. Did you take lessons from Leviathan?" (When the player dies due to the hit cap)
- "You aren't hurting as much as I'd like...are you cheating? trollface.png" (When the player takes less than 20 damage (10 damage with Flesh Totem equipped) in one hit).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The theme heard during the battle against Supreme Calamitas is Now Stop Asking Where, which was composed by the artist Turquoise. Different parts of the song play as the fight progresses, beginning with lone bells for the first bullet hell, gaining a simple melody for the first phase, and becoming a full complex song for the second phase.
- However, it's confirmed that a future song by DM DOKURO, titled Stained, Brutal Calamity, will be Supreme Calamitas's theme.
- The name of Now Stop Asking Where is a reference to the fervent and frequent requests sent to DM DOKURO, asking him where Supreme Calamitas's theme is or when will her theme be released.
- Previously, her theme was a remix of the Boss 2 theme made by silentzorah. It was then changed to Calamitas' theme, Raw Unfiltered Calamity, made by DM DOKURO.
- Supreme Calamitas, despite being a boss, doesn't drop a mask or a trophy. She also doesn't drop a Treasure Bag in Expert Mode.
- Supreme Calamitas is a "Superboss" in this mod. In some RPG games, superbosses are extremely powerful enemies that are very challenging even if the player has endgame equipment.
- The "My Lord" mentioned in her quotes is likely referring to the Jungle Tyrant, Yharim, whom she is enslaved to, as stated in the mod's lore.
- The "Leviathan" mentioned in her hit cap quote is in reference to the YouTuber Leviathan, who is known for his challenges and documentation about the Calamity Mod, including numerous fights against Supreme Calamitas.
- Supreme Calamitas has an increased chance of dropping the Illustrious Knives and Triactis' True Paladinian Mage-Hammer of Might, due to being able to drop both the melee and throwing variants of those weapons.
- Supreme Calamitas also has an increased chance of dropping the Svantechnical, but for unknown reasons.
- Supreme Calamitas is one of only two bosses to drop a Death Mode-exclusive item, the other being the Devourer of Gods.