Supreme CalamitasPhase 1
Supreme CalamitasPhase 2
"Do you enjoy going through hell?"
- Not to be confused with her doppelganger.
Supreme Calamitas is a post-Moon Lord superboss that can be fought at anywhere and at any time of day. She is currently the most challenging opponent in the Calamity Mod and is notoriously difficult, especially on Revengeance Mode or Death Mode. The player should be very well equipped both physically and mentally before taking her on.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Supreme Calamitas does not spawn on her own and requires the player to summon her with the Eye of Extinction on the surface at any time. If the player summons her below surface level, the player will instantly start to fly up, untill the player is on the surface. The player will not fly through blocks, so hitting any blocks while flying up will result in the player getting stuck. The Eye of Extinction is reusable, so Supreme Calamitas may be summoned any number of times. Her spawn quote will vary depending on the number of previous attempts.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Supreme Calamitas will behave similarly to Calamitas, but with a new, extensive set of far more powerful attacks. She switches between these attacks at seemingly irregular intervals. She always remains either directly above or to the side of the player, only breaking position during bullet hell phases or during her devastating dash attacks.
Upon spawning, Supreme Calamitas will create a 253x253 (inner available area is 251x251) rectangular arena made of unbreakable Arena Blocks. Leaving it will cause Supreme Calamitas to enrage, speeding up her Brimstone Hellblasts significantly and giving her 99% damage reduction.
While Supreme Calamitas is alive, the player takes a minimum of 300 damage from any attack. This is set after all defense, damage reduction, and direct damage adjustment calculations.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
While Supreme Calamitas is mobile, she will switch between these attacks at irregular intervals.
- She charges at the player at an incredibly high speed, dealing massive damage. This typically occurs several times in a row.
- Once she enters her second phase, she will charge half as many times in a row.
- She shoots bursts of at the player.
- She fires , which home in on the player and burst into Abyssal Souls upon contact with blocks.
- She launches , which home in on the player and explode into a large ring of Abyssal Souls after some time or upon contact with blocks.
- She remains at the player's side and fires a barrage of , which accelerate towards the player.
Progression[edit | edit source]
Supreme Calamitas will perform these attacks once, triggered by her reaching certain amounts of health.
- Upon spawning and at other points throughout the fight, she will summon a randomized "bullet hell" of vertical and horizontal Brimstone Hellblasts which travel from one edge of the player's screen to the other. She will be invincible and immobile until the bullet hell ends after a certain amount of time. The sequence of the Hellblasts' direction will always be the same during the bullet hell.
After the bullet hell ends, she will summon the Sepulcher to assist her. Ten immobile Brimstone Hearts will spawn along with it, all of which must be destroyed to kill the Sepulcher. The Sepulcher doesn't deal contact damage, but shoots bursts of Abyssal Souls in diagonal directions. Supreme Calamitas will be invincible until the Sepulcher is killed.
- Upon reaching 75% health, the next bullet hell triggers, in which Supreme Calamitas will fire Giga Blasts at the player from the sidelines. This occurs in every bullet hell hereafter.
- Upon reaching 50% health, the next bullet hell triggers, in which Supreme Calamitas will also fire Abyssal Fireblasts at the player along with the previous projectiles. This occurs in every bullet hell hereafter.
- Upon reaching 45% health, she will summon her brothers, Supreme Catastrophe and Supreme Cataclysm, to assist her. They both remain a set distance to the upper left and upper right of the player, periodically firing Brimstone Hellblasts in the player's direction.
- Upon reaching 40% health, she transitions into her second phase, her body now featuring molten streaks. From now on, she will perform half as many charge attacks in a row.
- Upon reaching 30% health, the next bullet hell triggers, featuring huge, invincible which move towards the player at varying speeds and persist throughout the rest of the fight.
- Upon reaching 20% health, she will summon a rotating ring of many Supreme Soul Seekers around herself, which fire synchronous volleys of Abyssal Souls at the player.
- Upon reaching 10% health, the final bullet hell will begin, featuring every projectile introduced thus far, with the inclusion of which fly in a wave pattern.
- Upon reaching 8% health, she will summon the Sepulcher and its 10 Brimstone Hearts again. Supreme Calamitas will once again be invincible until the Sepulcher and its hearts are killed.
- Upon reaching 1% health, she will lose all other abilities and become invulnerable. After a short sequence of status messages, Supreme Calamitas will stop moving and become vulnerable again. Beware that the Brimstone Monster orbs will keep attacking until she is defeated.
In Revengeance Mode[edit | edit source]
- Massively increased speed and moves far more aggressively.
- The size of the arena created by Supreme Calamitas is reduced to 189x189 (inner available area is 187x187).
- Supreme Calamitas is invulnerable to damage until the brothers and Soul Seekers are dead.
- Instantly kills the player if they take less than 100 damage.
In Death Mode[edit | edit source]
- The arena created by Supreme Calamitas is now 127x127 (inner available area is 125x125) blocks.
Summons[edit | edit source]
Supreme CatastropheBrother of Supreme Calamitas
Supreme CataclysmBrother of Supreme Calamitas
|Sepulcher||After the first bullet hell and upon reaching 8% health.|
|Soul Seeker (Supreme)||Upon reaching 20% health.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Each bullet hell segment lasts for exactly 15 seconds.
- During bullet hell segments or her final phase, Supreme Calamitas cannot deal contact damage to the player.
- Many regeneration effects such as regular health regen or hearts (such as from Heart Statues) are weaker, making it harder to recover health. This partially forces the player to take as few hits as possible.
- Death under the effects of Armageddon will not be added to Supreme Calamitas' death counter.
- The Shadow Dodge buff is disabled when Supreme Calamitas is summoned.
- The player can leave the Supreme Calamitas' arena with the Rod of Discord or spaces where arena blocks are not placed, however doing so will cause her to enrage.
- The Adrenaline Meter in Revengeance Mode and Death Mode will always take 45 seconds to fill up during this fight, regardless of the upgrades the player may have used before.
- The lul item, which acts like a godmode, can let you ignore all damage from Supreme Calamitas. However, she will still be able to inflict debuffs.
- Lul is only obtained if the player dies exactly three times to her before defeating her.
- Supreme Calamitas cannot be hurt by any attack that would deal 1/10 of her health in one hit, such as another mod's butcher function or an incredibly powerful weapon. When hit by such an attack, the damage is reduced to 0.
- If somehow instantly killed by any means, she will drop no items at all except for Supreme Healing Potions, regardless of the difficulty.
- In addition to this, Supreme Calamitas will say a different quote than her usual quote when killed.
- If somehow instantly killed by any means, she will drop no items at all except for Supreme Healing Potions, regardless of the difficulty.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Making an arena can potentially increase mobility, which is useful for dodging Supreme Calamitas' fast attacks.
- Supreme Calamitas' dash can sometimes deal fatal damage, so it's recommended to attack with weapons that have decent range or homing ability which will make it easier to dodge her dashes.
- Don't bother trying to attack Supreme Calamitas during the bullet hell phases or when the Sepulcher and its Brimstone Hearts are still alive. She will be immune to damage during them.
- Try to master the first bullet hell phase. The projectiles are far more damaging at the beginning and they deal less damage in the further phases, so it's better to take as little damage as possible in the first attack.
- During the first bullet hell phase, do not panic and move about too much as the blasts in this phase are extremely deadly and occasionally spawn in groups. Getting hit during this phase could potentially lead to the players early demise.
- During bullet hell phases, it's good in some cases to stick to a wall when the projectiles are only moving from one side, as it may be easier to dodge them. Be sure to watch out for the Giga Blasts that home in on the player.
- Fly in the direction of the Brimstone Hellblasts Supreme Calamitas spawns during her bullet hell phases and be sure to fly slowly. This will help prevent the player from being hit by unnoticed projectiles or dashing/running into them.
- Homing weapons such as the Ark of the Cosmos or the Subsuming Vortex work well against Supreme Calamitas as the player can focus on dodging while dealing massive damage in return.
- The Exoblade especially paired with Auric Tesla armor can be a godsend in terms of dealing damage and healing. However, dodging attacks is still very important due to the massive damage she can inflict.
- The Burning Sky is a great weapon for this boss because of the large number of projectiles the weapon can spawn, allowing the player to focus mainly on dodging. Be aware of the sheer number of projectiles spawned by that weapon, as it obstructs the vision, making you more prone to getting hit by one of Supreme Calamitas' projectiles.
- The Photoviscerator is a great choice for a ranger, as will make short work of both Supreme Catastrophe and Supreme Cataclysm as well as being effective against Supreme Calamitas.
- The Voltaic Climax or the Phoenix Flame Barrage can be great choices for mage due to their excellent damage output.
- The Wand can make very short work of her vulnerable phases but severely obstructs vision making dodging entirely luck based when caught inside. However, during the brimstone hellblast subphase, you can use one area to spam infernados while keeping yourself in another area of improved visibility due to the ability to control her position.
- Yharim's Crystal is a powerful weapon against the Sepulcher and Brimstone Hearts due to its lack of travel time, piercing and insanely high damage output.
- Using the Celestus paired with Nanotech and Reaper Tooth Necklace can decimate Supreme Calamitas, as well as making short work of the Soul Seekers, Brimstone Hearts and Supreme Calamitas' brothers.
- The Cosmic Immaterializer is a good option for all classes due to its 25% projectile damage reduction. Keep in mind that it will do less damage if the player not playing as a summoner.
- The Brimrose can help with manueverability and allow you to be more controlled so you don't ram into any projectiles.
- The Portal Gun is a good choice, especially for the bullet hell phases, as you can teleport repeatedly without taking damage. Keep in mind the distance between the Portals to avoid accidentally taking hits.
- A Rod of Discord may be a lifesaver during the bullet hell phases, even if the player is forced to damage themselves to pass through barrages of projectiles. Taking damage from the Rod may be preferable to being hit by Supreme Calamitas' strong attacks.
- Using defensive accessories, such as Siren's Heart, Affliction, the Rampart of Deities, Core of the Blood God, and the Asgardian Aegis, will greatly help to mitigate the high amounts of damage the boss is capable of inflicting.
- The Asgardian Aegis is particularly useful for dodging Supreme Calamitas and her projectiles, and can save an accessory slot for other items while still offering good defense. Care should be taken to not use the dash ability too much as the player may collide with projectiles.
- If playing on Revengeance or Death Mode, the Astral Arcanum is a good way of negating some of the effects of Vulnerability Hex.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The song heard during the battle against Supreme Calamitas is Stained, Brutal Calamity, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO. This song contains full lyrics sung by a choir as well as DM DOKURO himself. Different sections of the song play as the fight progresses (at 100%/50%/30%/1% life), each section representing a different perspective of the fight.
- The version that plays ingame is slightly modified in order for the track to loop properly.
- "Grief" plays at the start until the 3rd bullet hell.
- "Lament" plays at the 3rd bullet hell until 4th.
- "Epiphany" plays at the 4th bullet hell until she stops attacking.
- "Acceptance" plays when she stops attacking.
- When the Calamity Music addon mod is disabled and the Calamity base mod is enabled, Boss 2 replaces Grief, Boss 3 replaces Lament, the Moon Lord's theme replaces Epiphany, and Eerie replaces Acceptance.
- Grief and Lament represents Supreme Calamitas' and the player's view point respectively, Epiphany represents a 3rd voice and Acceptance represents Supreme Calamitas' defeat.
- The video for this song features Alice Kensington, also known as OtherButtons, as the voice actor for Supreme Calamitas.
- Previously, her theme was a remix of the Boss 2 theme made by silentzorah. It was then changed to Calamitas' theme, Raw Unfiltered Calamity, made by DM DOKURO. It was then changed again to an original track by Turquoise, known as Now Stop Asking Where, a reference to the fervent and frequent requests sent to DM DOKURO asking him when he would compose Supreme Calamitas' dedicated theme.
- Despite not being composed with the same gimmick as Raw, Unfiltered Calamity, the theme contains a few motifs from past themes in Calamity's soundtrack.
- The majority of the song contains motifs from Raw, Unfiltered Calamity (Calamitas), Now Stop Asking Where (previous placeholder theme) and The Step Below Hell / Left Alone (Brimstone Crags / Brimstone Elemental).
- The theme also contains motifs from two of DM DOKURO's older songs, which are not related to the Calamity Mod.
- Supreme Calamitas, despite being a boss, doesn't have a Lore item, mask or a trophy. She also doesn't drop a Treasure Bag in Expert Mode.
- Supreme Calamitas is a "Superboss" in this mod. In some RPG games, superbosses are extremely powerful enemies that are very challenging even if the player has endgame equipment.
- The "My Lord" mentioned in her quotes is likely referring to the Jungle Tyrant, Yharim, whom she is enslaved to, as stated in the mod's lore.
- Supreme Calamitas has an increased chance of dropping the Illustrious Knives and Triactis' True Paladinian Mage-Hammer of Might, due to being able to drop both the melee and rogue variants of those weapons.
- Supreme Calamitas also has an increased chance of dropping the Svantechnical, but for unknown reasons.
- Supreme Calamitas is one of only two bosses to drop a Death Mode-exclusive item, the other being the Devourer of Gods.
- In older versions of the Calamity Mod, Supreme Calamitas had a hit-counter mechanic (better known as a "Hit Cap") where players could only be hit a certain number of times until they were killed instantly, regardless of damage taken. She will say "You got hit too many times...noice. Did you take lessons from Leviathan?" if the player dies via hitcap or under the effects of Armageddon.
- The "Leviathan" mentioned in her hit cap quote was in reference to the YouTuber Leviathan, who was known for his challenges and documentation about the Calamity Mod, including numerous fights against Supreme Calamitas.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Summoning[edit | edit source]
- "You must enjoy dying more than most people, huh?" (When summoned after 5 deaths)
- "Do you have a fetish for getting killed or something?" (When summoned after 20 deaths)
- "Alright, I'm done counting. You probably died this much just to see what I'd say." (When summoned after 50 deaths)
- "Do you enjoy going through hell?" (When summoned after defeating her prior)
- "Don't get me wrong, I like pain too, but you're just ridiculous." (When summoned after defeating her 4 times prior)
Progression[edit | edit source]
- "Alright, let's get started. Not sure why you're bothering." (When first bullet hell stops)
- "You seem so confident, yet painfully ignorant of what has yet to transpire." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 75% health)
- "Couldn't leave well enough alone could you? Everything was going well until you came along." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 50% health)
- "Brothers, could you assist me for a moment? Dealing with this fool is growing tiresome." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 45% health)
- "Don't worry, I still have plenty of tricks left." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 40% health)
- "Hmm...perhaps I should let the little ones out to play for a while." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 30% health)
- "Impressive...but still not good enough!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 20% health)
- "I'm just getting started!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 10% health)
- "What!? How are you still alive!?" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 8% health)
- "Just stop!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 6% health)
- "Even if you defeat me you still have my lord to contend with!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 4% health)
- "To this day my lord has yet to lose a battle!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 2% health)
- "Not even I could defeat him! What hope do YOU have!?" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 1% health)
- "He has grown far stronger since we fought...I can't see you defeating him, at least not with your current strength." (When Supreme Calamitas has been invincible for 10 seconds)
- "Well...I guess this is the end..." (When Supreme Calamitas has been invincible for 15 seconds and becomes vulnerable)
- "At long last I am free...no...wait. I'll just keep coming back, like you. Funny how that works...isn't it?" (Shortly after being defeated for the first time)
- "Perhaps one of these times I'll change my mind after all these deaths..." (When she becomes vulnerable after defeating her prior)
Defeating[edit | edit source]
- "You didn't die at all huh? Welp, you probably cheated then. Do it again, for real this time...but here's your reward I guess." (When defeating the boss with no deaths)
- "One death? That's it? ...I guess you earned this then." (When defeating the boss after one death)
- "Two deaths. Good job. Here's your reward." (When defeating the boss after two deaths)
- "Third time's the charm huh? I guess it is. Here's a special reward." (When defeating the boss after three deaths)
- "Go to hell." (When defeated using any kind of insta-kill method)
Losing[edit | edit source]
- "You aren't hurting as much as I'd like...are you cheating?" (When the player takes less than 100 damage in one hit in Revengeance Mode.)