Supreme CalamitasPhase 1
Supreme CalamitasPhase 2
- Not to be confused with her clone.
Supreme Calamitas is a post-Moon Lord superboss that can be fought anywhere and at any time of day. She is currently the most challenging enemy in the Calamity Mod and is notoriously difficult, especially on Revengeance Mode or Death Mode. The player should be very well equipped both physically and mentally before taking her on.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Supreme Calamitas does not spawn on her own and requires the player to summon her with the Eye of Extinction on the surface at any time. The Eye of Extinction is reusable, so Supreme Calamitas may be summoned any number of times. Her spawn quote will vary depending on the number of previous deaths to her.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Supreme Calamitas will behave similarly to Calamitas, but with a new, extensive set of far more powerful attacks. She switches between these attacks at seemingly irregular intervals, though has a set pattern to her phases. She always remains either directly above or to the side of the player, only breaking position during Bullet Hell phases or during her devastating dash attacks.
Upon spawning, Supreme Calamitas will create a 159x159 (inner available area is 157x157) rectangular arena made of unbreakable Arena Blocks. Leaving it will cause Supreme Calamitas to enrage, significantly increasing the velocity of all of her attacks and giving her 99% unreducible damage reduction.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
While Supreme Calamitas is mobile, she will switch between these attacks at irregular intervals.
- She charges at the player at an incredibly high speed, dealing massive damage. This typically occurs several times in a row.
- Once she enters her second phase, she will charge half as many times in a row.
- She shoots bursts of at the player.
- She fires
, which home in on the player and burst into Brimstone Darts upon contact with blocks.
- Once she enters her second phase, additional Brimstone Gigablasts are fired throughout the fight.
- She launches
, which home in on the player and explode into a large ring of Brimstone Darts after some time.
- Brimstone Gigablasts will explode upon contact with blocks during Bullet Hells, but the ones she launches won't.
- She remains at the player's side and fires a barrage of , which accelerate towards the player.
Progression[edit | edit source]
Supreme Calamitas will perform these attacks once, triggered by her reaching certain amounts of health.
- Upon spawning and at other points throughout the fight, she will summon a randomized "Bullet Hell" of vertical and horizontal Brimstone Hellblasts which travel from one edge of the player's screen to the other. She will be invincible and immobile until the Bullet Hell ends. The sequence of the Hellblasts' direction will always be the same during the Bullet Hell.
After the Bullet Hell ends, she will summon the Sepulcher to assist her. Ten immobile Brimstone Hearts will spawn along with it: when the last of these is destroyed, the Sepulcher will instantly die. The Sepulcher doesn't deal contact damage but instead shoots bursts of Brimstone Darts in diagonal directions. Supreme Calamitas will be invincible until the Sepulcher is killed.
- Upon reaching 75% health, the next Bullet Hell triggers, in which Supreme Calamitas will fire Brimstone Fireblasts at the player from the sidelines. This occurs in every Bullet Hell hereafter.
- Upon reaching 50% health, the next Bullet Hell triggers, in which Supreme Calamitas will also fire Brimstone Gigablasts at the player along with the previous projectiles. This occurs in every Bullet Hell hereafter.
- Upon reaching 45% health, she will summon her brothers, Supreme Catastrophe and Supreme Cataclysm, to assist her. Supreme Calamitas will be invincible and immobile while they are alive. They both remain a set distance to the left and right of the player, slowly moving up and down. Supreme Cataclysm is on the right and will fire in the player's direction, and Supreme Catastrophe is on the left and will fire Brimstone Hellblasts at the player. Both will periodically shoot bursts of Brimstone Darts at the player. When one of the brothers is killed, the other will shoot Brimstone Darts at a faster pace. When both brothers are killed, Supreme Calamitas resume attacking the player.
- Upon reaching 40% health, she transitions into her second phase, her body now featuring molten streaks. From now on, she will perform half as many charge attacks in a row. Also, additional Brimstone Gigablasts are fired from this point forward.
- Upon reaching 30% health, the next Bullet Hell triggers, and Supreme Calamitas will summon invincible which move towards the player at varying speeds and persist throughout the rest of the fight.
- Upon reaching 20% health, she will summon a large rotating ring of 20 Supreme Soul Seekers around herself, which fire synchronous volleys of Brimstone Darts at the player.
- Supreme Calamitas is invulnerable to damage until the Soul Seekers are killed.
- Upon reaching 10% health, the final Bullet Hell will begin, featuring every projectile introduced thus far, with the inclusion of Brimstone Flame Skulls which fly in a wave pattern.
- Upon reaching 8% health, she will summon the Sepulcher and its 10 Brimstone Hearts again. Supreme Calamitas will once again be invincible until the Sepulcher and its hearts are killed.
- Upon reaching 1% health, she will lose all other abilities, stop moving, and become invulnerable. After a status message, Supreme Calamitas will become vulnerable again. Beware that the Brimstone Monster orbs will remain active until she is defeated.
In Revengeance Mode[edit | edit source]
- Massively increased speed and moves far more aggressively.
In Death Mode[edit | edit source]
- The arena created by Supreme Calamitas is now 127x127 (inner available area is 125x125) blocks.
Summons[edit | edit source]
|After the first Bullet Hell and upon reaching 8% health.|
|Upon reaching 20% health.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Each Bullet Hell segment lasts for exactly 15 seconds.
- During Bullet Hell segments or her final phase, Supreme Calamitas cannot deal contact damage to the player.
- Many regeneration effects such as regular health regen or hearts (such as from Heart Statues) are weaker, making it harder to recover health. This partially forces the player to take as few hits as possible.
- Death under the effects of Armageddon will not be added to Supreme Calamitas' death counter.
- The Shadow Dodge buff is disabled when Supreme Calamitas is summoned.
- The Adrenaline Meter in Revengeance Mode and Death Mode will fill up every 2.25 seconds instead of every second. When all three upgrades are used, it will take 45 seconds to fill up during this fight. If less upgrades are consumed, it will take even longer.
- During the Boss Rush, Supreme Calamitas and her brothers have 60% DR regardless of difficulty.
- The damage reduction of Supreme Calamitas works differently from other bosses. Ichor reduces her DR by 10%, and Cursed Inferno reduces her DR by 9%. This reduction is multiplicative. When under the effects of Ichor, she will have 63% / 67.5% DR (54% during Boss Rush). When under the effects of Cursed Inferno, she will have 63.7% / 68.25% DR (54.6% during Boss Rush).
- The Lul item, which acts like a godmode accessory, can let you ignore all damage from Supreme Calamitas. However, she will still be able to inflict debuffs.
- Lul is only obtained if the player dies exactly three times to her before defeating her.
- Supreme Calamitas cannot be hurt by any attack that would deal more than 10% of her health in one hit, such as another mod's butcher function or an incredibly powerful weapon. When hit by such an attack, the damage of the attack is reduced to 0.
- Supreme Calamitas and her brothers take 1/3 damage from Apotheosis' main projectiles.
- Supreme Calamitas and her brothers take 1/2 damage from the Son of Yharon minion summoned by Yharon's Kindle Staff and the Godly Soul Artifact.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating Supreme Calamitas, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:Supreme Calamitas strategies.
- Making an arena can potentially increase mobility, which is useful for dodging Supreme Calamitas' fast attacks.
- Supreme Calamitas' dash can sometimes deal fatal damage, so it's recommended to attack with weapons that have decent range and/or homing ability which will make it easier to dodge her dashes.
- Don't bother trying to attack Supreme Calamitas during the Bullet Hell phases or when the Sepulcher and its Brimstone Hearts are still alive. She will be immune to damage during them.
- Try to master the first Bullet Hell phase. The projectiles are far more damaging at the beginning and they deal less damage in the further phases, so it's better to take as little damage as possible in the first attack.
- During the first Bullet Hell phase, do not panic and move about too much as the blasts in this phase are extremely deadly and occasionally spawn in groups. Getting hit during this phase could potentially lead to the player's early demise.
- During Bullet Hell phases, it's good in some cases to stick to a wall when the projectiles are only moving from one side, as it may be easier to dodge them. Be sure to watch out for the Fireblasts and Gigablasts that home in on the player.
- Fly in the direction of the Brimstone Hellblasts Supreme Calamitas spawns during her Bullet Hell phases and be sure to fly slowly. This will help prevent the player from being hit by unnoticed projectiles or dashing/running into them.
- Homing weapons such as the Ark of the Cosmos or the Subsuming Vortex work well against Supreme Calamitas as the player can focus on dodging while dealing massive damage in return.
- The Exoblade especially paired with Auric Tesla armor can be a godsend in terms of dealing damage and healing. However, dodging attacks is still very important due to the massive damage she can inflict.
- The Photoviscerator is a great choice for a ranger, as it will make short work of both Supreme Catastrophe and Supreme Cataclysm as well as being effective against Supreme Calamitas.
- The Wand can make very short work of her vulnerable phases but severely obstructs vision making dodging entirely luck-based when caught inside. However, during the Brimstone Hellblast subphase, you can use one area to spam infernados while keeping yourself in another area of improved visibility due to the ability to control her position.
- Yharim's Crystal is a powerful weapon against the Sepulcher and Brimstone Hearts due to its lack of travel time, piercing and insanely high damage output.
- The Void Vortex is a great choice for mages due to its excellent damage output, as well as making a quick work of the Brimstone Hearts. Keep in mind this weapon is a rare variant and might take some time to obtain.
- Using the Celestus paired with Nanotech and Reaper Tooth Necklace can decimate Supreme Calamitas, as well as making short work of the Soul Seekers, Brimstone Hearts and Supreme Calamitas' brothers.
- Be careful with this combination though; the Reaper Tooth Necklace's halved defense/damage reduction debuff can make you die faster from extra damage.
- The Brimrose mount can help with maneuverability and allow you to be more controlled so you don't ram into any projectiles.
- The Portal Gun is a good choice, especially for the Bullet Hell phases, as you can teleport repeatedly without taking damage. Keep in mind the distance between the Portals to avoid accidentally taking hits.
- Rod of Discord or Normality Relocator may be lifesavers during the Bullet Hell phases, even if the player is forced to damage themselves to pass through barrages of projectiles. Taking damage from the debuff may be preferable to being hit by Supreme Calamitas' strong attacks.
- Using defensive accessories, such as Affliction, the Rampart of Deities, Core of the Blood God, and the Asgardian Aegis, will greatly help to mitigate the high amounts of damage the boss is capable of inflicting.
- The Asgardian Aegis is particularly useful for dodging Supreme Calamitas and her projectiles, and can save an accessory slot for other items while still offering good defense. Care should be taken to not use the dash ability too much as the player may collide with projectiles, especially during the bullet hells.
- If playing on Revengeance or Death Mode, the Astral Arcanum is a good way of negating some of the effects of Vulnerability Hex.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The song heard during the battle against Supreme Calamitas is Stained, Brutal Calamity, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO. This song contains full lyrics sung by a choir as well as DM DOKURO himself. Different sections of the song play as the fight progresses (at 100% / 50% / 30% / 1% boss health), each section representing a different perspective of the fight.
- The version that plays in-game is slightly modified in order for the track to loop properly:
- "Grief" plays from the start of the battle to the third Bullet Hell.
- "Lament" plays from the third Bullet Hell until the fourth.
- "Epiphany" plays from the fourth Bullet Hell until she stops attacking.
- "Acceptance" plays when she stops attacking.
- Grief and Lament represents Supreme Calamitas' and the player's view points respectively, Epiphany represents a 3rd voice, and Acceptance represents Supreme Calamitas' defeat.
- The video for this song features Alice Kensington, also known as OtherButtons, as a voice actor for Supreme Calamitas.
- Despite not being composed with the same gimmick as Raw, Unfiltered Calamity, the theme contains a few motifs from past themes in Calamity's soundtrack.
- The majority of the song contains motifs from Raw, Unfiltered Calamity (Calamitas), Now Stop Asking Where (previous placeholder theme) and The Step Below Hell / Left Alone (Brimstone Crag / Brimstone Elemental).
- The theme also contains motifs from two of DM DOKURO's older songs, which are not related to the Calamity Mod.
- If the Calamity Music add-on mod is disabled, Boss 2 replaces Grief, Boss 3 replaces Lament, the Moon Lord's theme replaces Epiphany, and Eerie replaces Acceptance.
- Previously, her theme was a remix of the Boss 2 theme made by silentzorah. It was then changed to Calamitas' theme, Raw Unfiltered Calamity, made by DM DOKURO. It was then changed again to an original track by Turquoise, known as Now Stop Asking Where, a reference to the fervent and frequent requests sent to DM DOKURO asking him when he would compose Supreme Calamitas' dedicated theme.
- The version that plays in-game is slightly modified in order for the track to loop properly:
- Despite being a boss, Supreme Calamitas will not drop a mask, trophy, or a Treasure Bag in Expert Mode. The items will drop normally as if the player was playing in Normal Mode.
- Supreme Calamitas is a "Superboss" in this mod. In some RPG games, superbosses are extremely powerful enemies that are very challenging even if the player has endgame equipment.
- The "lord" mentioned in one of her quotes is likely referring to the Jungle Tyrant, Yharim, whom she is enslaved to, as stated in the mod's lore.
- Supreme Calamitas is one of only two bosses to drop a Death Mode-exclusive item, the other being The Devourer of Gods.
- In older versions of the Calamity Mod, Supreme Calamitas had a hit-counter mechanic (better known as a "Hit Cap") where players could only be hit a certain number of times until they were killed instantly, regardless of damage taken. She would say "You got hit too many times...noice. Did you take lessons from Leviathan?" if the player died via hitcap. The same quote was used if the player died under the effects of Armageddon.
- The "Leviathan" mentioned in her Armageddon hit-cap quote is in reference to the YouTuber Leviathan, who is known for his challenges and documentation about the Calamity Mod, including numerous fights against Supreme Calamitas.
- Before the Calamitas Clone was given its own lore entry, Supreme Calamitas's lore entry simply stated: "The true battle. The first one was just a clone."
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Summoning[edit | edit source]
- "You must enjoy dying more than most people, huh?" (When summoned after 5 deaths)
- "Do you have a fetish for getting killed or something?" (When summoned after 20 deaths)
- "Alright, I'm done counting. You probably died this much just to see what I'd say." (When summoned after 50 deaths)
- "Do you enjoy going through hell?" (When summoned after defeating her prior)
- "Don't get me wrong, I like pain too, but you're just ridiculous." (When summoned after defeating her 4 times prior)
Progression[edit | edit source]
- "Alright, let's get started. Not sure why you're bothering." (When first Bullet Hell stops)
- "You seem so confident, even though you are painfully ignorant of what has yet to transpire." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 75% health)
- "Everything was going well until you came along." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 50% health)
- "Brothers, could you assist me for a moment? This ordeal is growing tiresome." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 45% health)
- "Don't worry, I still have plenty of tricks left." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 40% health)
- "Hmm...perhaps I should let the little ones out to play for a while." (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 30% health)
- "Impressive...but still not good enough!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 20% health)
- "I'm just getting started!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 10% health)
- "How are you still alive!?" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 8% health)
- "Just stop!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 6% health)
- "Even if you defeat me you still have my lord to contend with!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 4% health)
- "He has never lost a battle!" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 2% health)
- "Not even I could defeat him! What hope do you have!?" (When Supreme Calamitas drops below 1% health)
- "Perhaps one of these times I'll change my mind..." (When she becomes vulnerable after defeating her prior)
Defeating[edit | edit source]
- "You didn't die at all huh? Welp, you probably cheated then. Do it again, for real this time...but here's your reward I guess." (When defeating the boss with no deaths)
- "One death? That's it? ...I guess you earned this then." (When defeating the boss after one death)
- "Two deaths. Good job. Here's your reward." (When defeating the boss after two deaths)
- "Third time's the charm huh? I guess it is. Here's a special reward." (When defeating the boss after three deaths)
- "At last I am free...for a time. I'll keep coming back, just like you. Until we meet again, farewell." (When defeating the boss after defeating her prior)
- "Go to hell." (When defeated using any kind of insta-kill method)
Lore[edit | edit source]
Calamitas' true name is unknown. She was born in a mountainous region to a family of extremely skilled mages whose destructive powers rivaled those of demigods. They taught her how to master the vehement and volatile natures of dark magic, without giving in to the negative emotions that these powers can inflict upon the wielder. "The dark is within all of us, but when gazing into darkness the darkness also gazes into you," her father told her, quoting a famous philosopher. However, one morning, after a particularly heated clash with a rivaling faction, Calamitas woke up to find her parents and siblings dead, hung on crucifixes by an angry mob. Filled with hatred and rage, Calamitas forgot what her parents had taught her, and brought devastation upon the mob, burning them with hellfire and teleporting them to the underworld to be tortured for eternity. Calamitas, defeated and sobbing, retreated to her now-vacant cave carved out in the mountainside, taking to practicing the magic of necromancy in order to revive her parents and 2 brothers.
After her success in bringing back her siblings she heard an ethereal and almost-mesmerizing voice telling her to seek refuge in the Jungle. Following this, Calamitas wandered toward the Jungle, entranced by some unknown force. She found her way into the Jungle Temple, where Yharim, the man who had spoken to her, resided. He had felt her mastery over the arcane due to her immense and manic outburst of destructive power. He eventually recruited her into his army after several long and persuasive talks over what truly matters in their world. When Amidias refused to help Yharim in a ritual, to awaken a slumbering god, Yharim had Calamitas incinerate the oceans as her first mission, thus causing the Desert Scourge to go on a rampage.
But, somewhere deep down in her psyche, the good in Calamitas still existed. Weeks passed, each day she argued more and more with herself over what was necessary to achieve a goal, and ultimately began distrusting Yharim. One day, Calamitas met with Yharim and attempted to convince him that his logic is flawed. Yharim heard none of it, and sent her immediately out of his throne room. That very same day, Calamitas betrayed Yharim by unleashing the ancient Golem using one of the ancient Power Cells. The Golem rampaged through the temple, distracting Yharim and his soldiers. Calamitas used this time to sneak up to Yharim's throne and procured a few documents containing some helpful information on Yharim's most valiant opponents, Braelor and Statis.
When Yharim and his men obliterated the Golem he cursed Calamitas for her betrayal. Due to her being a fair distance away the curse had a lessened impact on her, but it still managed to worm its way into her mind. Over time the curse slowly drove her mad, and ultimately she ended up returning to Yharim's side after the deaths of Braelor and Statis. Yharim has since removed the curse in exchange for her infallible servitude and unimaginable cruelty towards his opponents.