Talk:Calamity Mod Wiki
Links to the Terraria Wiki[edit source]
I think that it's good that topics that already exist in normal Terraria redirect to the Terraria wiki, but I think that already-existing topics, like the cavern layer, should have a short page explaining how the mod has changed the cavern layer (new mobs and stuff), with a link to the Terraria wiki page that explains other stuff. That way, there's 1 page that explains what new mobs spawn there, and a link to the normal page, which would make it much easier to decide if you're ready for a normal Terraria biome yet with this mod installed, because there's one place that tells you what mobs spawn there, and also possibly a "players should not go here until they have this because" note. Also, I'm putting this here because I don't know where else to put it, not because I think it's somehow linked to this page. AaayC (talk) 05:36, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
- That is what is meant to happen, but people keep redirecting it to terraria wiki pages. --Tymon80 (talk) 08:41, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
The summoning items[edit source]
I noticed that whenever I defeat a boss(neither vanilla or Calamity) a certain NPC is selling a summoning item. The Dryad is selling all pre-hardmode summoning items(exept abeemination, sold by the Witch Doctor, and the voodoo dolls sold by... no one). The Wizard I think sells the hardmode ones( I defeated only Cryogen so IDK). The Steampunker sells the mech bosses summon items. And Post Moon Lord... IDK. What I'm trying to say is that the summoning items being sold by NPC might be a feature from the Calamity Mod. If someone could make a page about this that will be awesome.
- It is indeed from Calamity, and it's mentioned on the Bosses page already. - Minecat07 (talk) 14:01, 25 September 2017 (UTC)
Malachite Dropped from a Zombie?[edit source]
So I decided to create a new expert mode mage calamity playthrough. I was walking through the world collecting stars and killed an eskimo zombie with a sapphire staff, and it dropped the legenday hardmode weapon Malachite... I checked the wiki page for it and it says it only drops from the Plaguebringer Goiliath as a 2.5% drop, nothing about an ultra rare drop from a zombie or anything. Not sure if this is a bug but sadly, its not a mage weapon. :( I would put a screenshot but I cant because I just made my account. Thanks.
Xeroc armor description needs a bit of a fix[edit source]
So, I don't know what exactly happened, but since I am currently going through my mage playthrough, I was very excited about aquiring Xeroc armor. As the description on the Xeroc armor page on the wiki suggests, magic damage done while Xeroc armor is equiped spawns magenta dust which deals damage to enemies and heals the player. Now, I don't know whether the dmg/heal dust ratio was a thing or it was both at the same time, but it really did work like both Specter armor set bonuses combined, atleast that's how it worked when I fought Providence twice in pre-v126.96.36.199 Calamity version. However, when I updated to v188.8.131.52 the next day, the healing magenta dust was either only spawning on mob kills, or much more rarely, now with 10-20 health recovered per heal-dust ( don't know the exact numbers of healing in the previous version ). Either way, it would be great if anyone could help with this matter.
P.S. Does the Comet Quasher and it's upgrade really work on regular target dummies ( because they seem to not ), or does it have to be some special target dummy? --BalancedLightningEtherial (talk) 13:46, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
- The Comet Quasher and Stellar Striker will not work on regular target dummies, you must strike an actual enemy for them to summon their rain of projectiles. Testing Xeroc armor in Calamity 1.3.3.011 with a Razorpine on multiple Bloom Slimes showed that both the healing and damage dust took effect continuously. The healing dust is not limited to mob kills. --Ozzatron (talk) 16:07, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
- Then is must be something on my side, as I was using the Mistlestorm and Ultra Liquidator ( btw, the first time I tried the Ultra Liquid on Providence it was really good ) against Calamitas and Providence today and the healing dust spawn was not continuous. Is it possible that having both Calamity and Thorium on could mess with it? Anyways, thank You for your help.
P.S. I noticed that some Elementals from The Heart of the Elements also proced healing ( and I suppose damage ) dust, is it possible that their damage type is magic? --BalancedLightningEtherial (talk) 18:49, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
Page for game progession[edit source]
Since I have do not really have the time or the overview over everything this mod and this Wiki offers I will just leave this as a suggestion. I personally think this Wiki could use a page where the game progession with this mod is listed. You know, things like what ore/material get available after you defeat a certain boss. It is really hard to figure out what you can craft and what changes in the world after defeating some of the vanilla bosses. This could bring together alot of pages so you do not need to click through several ones to get you to what you are looking for. -- 184.108.40.206 20:54, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- You can look at the Bosses page for a good idea of which bosses (including vanilla) to fight at which point. The Status messages page also provides some info as to what happens on each kill. Hopefully that is what you are looking for. As for your suggestion of putting this all on one page; we don't see the point, as the information is easy enough to access where it is already. Temp35 (The One True King) (talk) 22:44, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
Glitch? Bug? Code Error?[edit source]
I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm playing through the game with Calamity and I finally kill Providence, The Profaned Goddess. But nothing in the world changes. I haven't got the message and Calamities and The Brimstone Elemental won't drop bloodstones. What do I do?? Also, this is my first post so if it's wrong or under the wrong subject, my apologies.