As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|Tooltip||15% increased damage|
Shade and brimstone fire rains down when you are hit
Nearby enemies will recieve a variety of debuffs
Brimstone fireballs drop from the sky occasionally
Summons a fungal clump to fight for you that leaves behind poisonous seawater
75% increased movement speed, 10% increase to all damage, and plus 40 defense while submerged in any liquid
The above bonuses also apply when passing through the clumps poisonous seawater
Temporary immunity to lava, greatly reduces lava burn damage, and 15% increased damage while in lava
You have a damaging aura that envenoms nearby enemies and increased movement in liquids
Provides heat protection in Death Mode
|Grants Buff||Fungal Clump|
|Buff tooltip||The fungal clump will protect you|
|Fungal Clump (minion)|
The Amalgam is a craftable post-Moon Lord, Expert Mode-exclusive accessory with many varied effects inherited from its ingredients. It increases damage by 15%. If the player is submerged in liquid, the player will also gain 10% damage, 40 defense, and 75% increased movement speed. The player has temporary immunity to lava damage, reduced lava damage, and gains 15% increased damage when submerged in it.
2 Brimstone fireballs drop from the sky every 8 seconds. A friendly fungal clump will fight for the player, dealing high damage to enemies and spawning healing orbs that heal the player 25% of the damage the clump deals. This effect has a cap of 50 total health. When the fungal clump moves, it leaves a trail of poisonous seawater. The healing orbs travel farther if the player is holding a summon weapon. A damaging aura constantly surrounds the player and envenoms enemies.
When the player is damaged, shade and brimstone fire rains from the sky, and nearby enemies are inflicted with several debuffs.
The debuffs that The Amalgam inflicts are as follows:
- Brimstone Flames is inflicted by the brimstone fireballs for 10 seconds and brimstone fire for 4 seconds.
- Poisoned and Venom are inflicted by the poisonous seawater for 2 seconds
- Venom is inflicted by the damaging aura for 5 seconds.
- Brimstone Flames, Confused, God Slayer Inferno, Irradiated, Sulphuric Poisoning is inflicted to nearby enemies when struck for 3-5 seconds. The chance of Confused being inflicted and the debuff duration varies based on the amount of damage taken.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Fungal Clump minion has a base damage of 1000, which can be boosted from the player's damage-boosting equipment.
- However, its damage is affected by the summon damage nerf mechanic, meaning it deals significantly less damage if the player is not holding a summon weapon.
- The seawater trail also deals 1000 base damage but it is unaffected by the summon damage nerf mechanic.
- The Amalgam cannot be equipped if the player is wearing the Fungal Clump accessory, and vice versa.
- The shade rain, brimstone fire, and brimstone fireballs all have a base damage of 2000.
- The damaging aura has a base damage of 300 and damages once every half-second.
- Disabling the visibility of the accessory does not turn off the Fungal Clump minion
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It can be considered the counterpart of the Core of the Blood God.