|Tooltip||15% increased damage|
Shade rains down when you are hit
You will confuse nearby enemies when you are struck
Drops brimstone fireballs from the sky occasionally
Brimstone fire rains down when invincibility is active
Temporary immunity to lava, greatly reduced burn damage, and 15% increased damage in lava
Summons a fungal clump to fight for you
You leave behind poisonous seawater as you move
75% increased movement speed, 10% increase to all damage, and plus 40 defense while submerged in liquid
If you are damaged while submerged in liquid you will gain a damaging aura for a short time
|Buff tooltip||The fungal clump will protect you|
|Fungal Clump (minion)|
The Amalgam is a craftable post-Moon Lord, Expert Mode-exclusive accessory with many varied effects inherited from its ingredients. It increases damage by 15%. If the player is submerged in liquid, the player will also gain 40 defense and 75% increased movement speed. The player has temporary immunity to lava damage, reduced lava damage, and gains 15% increased damage when submerged in it.
Brimstone fireballs drop from the sky occasionally. When the player moves, they leave poisonous seawater behind them. A friendly fungal clump will fight for the player, dealing high damage to enemies and spawning healing orbs that heal the player 25% of the damage the clump deals. The healing orbs travel farther if the player is holding a summon weapon.
When the player is damaged, shade and brimstone fire rains from the sky, nearby enemies are inflicted with the Confused debuff, and, if the player is submerged in liquid, they briefly gain a damaging aura around them.
The debuffs it inflicts are as follows:
- Brimstone Flames is inflicted by the brimstone fireballs for 10 seconds and brimstone fire for 4 seconds.
- Poisoned and Venom are inflicted by the poisonous seawater for 2 seconds.
- Confused is inflicted to nearby enemies when struck for 3-5 seconds. The chance of Confused being inflicted and the debuff duration varies based on the amount of damage taken.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
|Void of Extinction||1|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The fungal clump minion has a base damage of 250, which can be boosted from the player's damage-boosting equipment. However, its damage is affected by the summon damage nerf mechanic, meaning it deals significantly less damage if the player is not holding a summon weapon while in this mode.
- The Amalgam cannot be equipped if the player is wearing the Fungal Clump accessory, and vice versa.
- As the range for the fungal clump's healing orbs is very small, the accessory is not ideal for healing.
- Both shade rain and the brimstone fireballs deal magic damage and benefit from magic bonuses. However, their damage cannot be increased through any means.
- The shade rain, brimstone fire, brimstone fireballs, and poisonous seawater all have a base damage of 500.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It can be considered the counterpart of the Core of the Blood God.