The Hive Mind
|| The Corruption
| AI Type
|| The Hive Mind AI
|| 10 / 16 / 16 / 24
| Max Life
|| Phase 1:|
2,000 / 3,200 / 4,800 / 8,800
5,000 / 8,000 / 10,200 / 18,400
| Defense (DR)
|| 10 (20% DR)
| KB Resist
| Inflicts debuff
| Debuff duration
|| 10 seconds
| Debuff tooltip
|| The horror...
The Hive Mind is a Pre-Hardmode boss fought in the Corruption, with an immobile first phase and a floating, teleporting second phase.
It is the Corruption counterpart to The Perforators.
The Hive Mind does not spawn on its own, and requires the player to summon it using a Teratoma or by killing a Hive Cyst in the Corruption.
The Hive Mind is stationary in all of Phase 1, summoning Corruption-themed enemies at intervals based on its life. In Phase 2, it starts quickly flying towards the player while teleporting and performing various maneuvers. It becomes enraged if the player leaves the Corruption, making it faster and nearly immune to all attacks.
- Remains stationary where it was spawned, occasionally burrowing into the ground and reemerging near the player, to prevent them from straying too far away.
- Periodically summons Hive Blobs.
- Spawns Devourers and Eaters of Souls as it takes damage.
- Summons a swarm of Hive Blobs and several Dank Creepers upon reaching 75%, 50%, and 25% health.
- Floats toward the player aggressively while teleporting to different locations around them, sometimes performing special movements:
- Dashes in a circular path around the player after teleporting.
- Dashes in a horizontal line, leaving behind shade clouds that rain damaging liquid.
- Dashes away from the player when damaged enough, followed by a teleport.
- Periodically spits a burst of green Cursed Clots at the player.
- Spawns Hive Blobs and Dark Hearts as it takes damage.
- Teleports more often and fires a spread of cursed clots after each teleport in phase two.
- Circular teleports are far faster and cover more distance.
- Upon defeating the Hive Mind, the status message "The ground is glittering with cyan light" displays, indicating that Aerialite Ore generated in the world.
- High speed/mobility will allow you to avoid most of the Hive Mind's projectiles. This is especially helpful in phase 2, where it chases you at a relatively high speed.
- If you leave the Corruption while this boss is alive, its defense is set to 9999 and it gains an increase in speed. You will be unable to harm it until you go back to the Corruption. A similar mechanic is also applied to the Perforator Hive.
- During phase 2, The Hive Mind won't deal or take any damage while teleporting until it is fully visible.
The Hive Mind, the grotesque creature that lies in the depths of the corruption, is actually a colony of creatures that travel together, combining their abilities to form a greater presence responsible for spreading and sustaining the corruption. Corruptions are just breeding grounds to creatures which form larger and larger clusters.