The Slime God
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- (25-40 / 30-50)100%
- (180-250 / 150-200)100%
- 25% / 33%
- 25% / 33%
- 25% / 33%
- 25% / 33%
- 25% / 33%
- (80-100 / 100-125)25% / 33%
- • (6-8)
The Slime God is a Pre-Hardmode boss that can be fought anywhere. The boss is comprised of three main parts, the Ebonian Slime God, the Crimulan Slime God, and the Core itself. All three will spawn upon the use of the Overloaded Sludge, regardless of whether the world generated contains Corruption or Crimson.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
The Slime God does not spawn on its own and requires the player to summon it with the Overloaded Sludge.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Ebonian Slime God
Crimulan Slime God
The Slime GodCore
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Slime God encounter is made up of three individual bosses: The Ebonian Slime God, Crimulan Slime God, and The Slime God itself. Each has its own unique behaviors and attacks.
Ebonian and Crimulan Slime Gods[edit | edit source]
- Will jump toward the player similarly to other slimes.
- Flies towards the player at extremely high speed if they exit its range.
- Spawn smaller slimes as it takes damage.
- Once either Slime God reaches half its total health, it will split into two smaller slimes.
Split Ebonian and Crimulan Slime Gods[edit | edit source]
- Also behave similarly to regular slimes.
- Each duplicate will fire abyss balls at the player.
- Continues to spawn smaller slimes as it takes damage.
The Slime God (Core)[edit | edit source]
- Charges at the player repeatedly.
- Inflicts the Distorted Debuff on hit.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- Continues to charge at the player.
- Fires abyss balls at the player.
Buffs[edit | edit source]
- If the Core is killed first, the two are able to charge at the player faster when they go offscreen.
- If the Crimulan Slime God is killed first, the Ebonian Slime God will attack, shoot and charge more frequently.
- If the Ebonian Slime God is killed first, the Crimulan Slime God will gain a defense boost and shoot more frequently.
In Expert Mode[edit | edit source]
- The Slime Gods shoot abyss mines which linger in the air, dealing contact damage.
- The Slime Gods fire abyss balls much more quickly when standing still.
- The Crimulan Slime God inflicts Cursed instead of Mana Sickness
In Revengeance Mode[edit | edit source]
- The Core moves at higher speed.
- The Core inflicts Horror and Marked for Death
- The Adrenaline Meter will not charge if the Core is killed first.
In Death Mode[edit | edit source]
- Slimes are faster and shoot more often.
- Crimulan Slime God always shoots mines.
Summons[edit | edit source]
|Ebonian Slime God|
|Corrupt Slime Spawn||When damaged|
|Crimulan Slime God|
|Crimson Slime Spawn||When damaged|
|Spiked Crimson Slime Spawn|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For more elaborate strategies on defeating The Slime God, including weapon and arena recommendations, see Guide:Slime God strategies.
- Gravitation Potions can be used to outrun the Slime Gods.
- Do not run too far away, or otherwise, the Slime Gods will ram the player at very high speed, making it very difficult to dodge them. Try to keep them on the screen to avoid getting hit easily.
- Equipping a Nazar can make the fight significantly easier by providing immunity to the Cursed debuff that's inflicted by the Crimson Slime Spawn.
- The Crimulan Slime God's Summons have an uncommon chance to drop the Nazar, making them an excellent way to farm a Nazar.
- Using a hook or minecart track can help the player with avoiding the boss if the player gets the Distorted debuff.
- Avoid the Slime God Core at all costs because the Distorted debuff it inflicts can make you easy prey for the Crimulan and Ebonian Slime Gods.
- The Archerfishes' piercing capabilities can hit the Crimulan and Ebonian Slime Gods up to three times, making them split in almost fifteen seconds.
- The Lionfish can make short work of all three of the Slime Gods paired with some throwing accessories.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Slime God's theme is Return to Slime, which was composed by the artists DM DOKURO and SixteenInMono.
- Unlike all the other bosses, the Slime God has 2 Masks, one for the Crimulan Slime God and another for the Ebonian Slime God. This is similar to the fact that The Twins have two different Trophies.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Slime God, one of the very first creatures to ever come to exist in the Terrarian's world, is the core and the control unit of all things slimy. Slimes are some of the first creatures to evolve from the very first living cells present from ancient times, and even though they do not possess sentience themselves, their 'core' is what gives them shape and allows them to move about the world. The slime god was born after a bacteria evolved and began consuming other bacteria around it. Eventually, after gaining enough cellular mass it began absorbing larger flora and fauna, gaining intelligence from each creature it enveloped. It became large enough to begin influencing other beings around it through telekinesis. Through telekinetic energy the slime god shapes its slimes from water and various dead plant and animal matter, it then wills them to consume more dead matter to continue growing the slimy population. Through this process, the slime god has formed the Crimulan and Ebonian Slime Gods to defend itself from any possible threats.