|Tooltip||50% increased mining speed and you emit light|
10% increased damage reduction and increased life regen
Poison, Freeze, Chill, Frostburn, and Venom immunity
Honey life regen with no speed penalty, +20 max life and mana
Most bee/hornet enemies and projectiles do 75% damage to you
24% increased jump speed and 12% increased movement speed
Standing still boosts life and mana regen
Increased defense and damage reduction when submerged in liquid
Increased movement speed when submerged in liquid
Enemies take damage when they hit you
Taking a hit will make you move very fast for a short time
You emit mushroom spore and spark explosion when you are hit
Enemy attacks will have part of their damage absorbed and used to heal you
Provides cold protection in Death Mode
|Grants Buff||Shell Speed Boost|
|Buff duration||5 seconds (when hit)|
|Buff tooltip||Speed is boosted|
- 10 defense
- +20 max life and mana
- +4 life regeneration
- 10% increased damage reduction
- 12% increased movement speed
- 24% increased jump speed
- 50% increased mining speed
- 1/20th of incoming damage from enemies is converted into healing
- Standing still boosts life and mana regeneration
- Water physics are ignored.
- Immunity to Poisoned, Frozen, Chilled, Frostburn and Venom
- Honey life regeneration boosting effect with no penalty based on movement speed
- Most bee/hornet enemies and their projectiles will deal only 75% damage
- Increased defense, damage reduction and movement speed while submerged in liquid
- Enemies are damaged on contact
- Provides a very powerful movement speed boost for a short time after being hit
- Emit sparks and mushroom spores when hit
Crafting[edit | edit source]
- For a full crafting tree, see here.
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This item's tooltip incorrectly states how much jump speed it grants, with the actual value being roughly 20% of the listed jump speed boost.
- Shell Speed Boost will not be granted on hit if the player has the Panic Necklace or any of its upgrades equipped.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
|April Fool's sprite|
- During April 1st (April Fool's Day), the Sponge's sprite changes to a cube resembling a real life cleaning sponge.
- The Sponge gets its name from the term "damage sponge" due to the Sponge's ability to increase the survivability of the player.