- 1 Guides HQ
- 2 Buffed Golem Prototype Page
Guides HQ[edit | edit source]
Boss Tips Project[edit | edit source]
When writing tips on boss pages, sort them in the following order:
Vanilla Boss Revengeance Pages[edit | edit source]
Buffed Golem Prototype Page[edit | edit source]
|Max Life||39,000 / 58,500 / 92,250 (total)|
16,000 / 24,000 / 47,250 (head)
9000 / 13500 (body)
7000 / 10500 (fists)
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- + (60-99)
- (5-10 / 8-13)100%
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Golem does not spawn on its own, instead, it is summoned by either right-clicking the Lihzahrd Altar located in the Jungle Temple with a Lihzahrd Power Cell. Alternatively, Golem can be spawned by using a Old Power Cell anywhere in the Jungle Temple after Plantera has been defeated.
Segments[edit | edit source]
First Phase[edit | edit source]
Golem FistLeft Golem Fist
Golem FistRight Golem Fist
Second Phase[edit | edit source]
Thrid Phase[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Golem has three phases in Revengeance and Death Mode. Note that this page will not cover the Golem fight in Normal and Expert Mode. Additionally, if Golem is fought outside of the Jungle Temple, it will enrage, increasing the speed of its attack pattern and defense.
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
Golem spawns above the player's head, falling down to the ground. It will begin to cycle through its attacks. Golem will fire high-velocity bouncing fireballs every three seconds and jump towards the player. Each time Golem jumps it will slam into the ground, creating a line of dust particles. Golem will also throw its fist towards the player at the same rate. Only the left and right fists can be damaged during this phase and must be destroyed to progress the fight.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
After destroying the fists. Golem will begin to fire two yellow lasers at the same rate as the fireballs. Only Golem's head can be damaged during this phase and must be destroyed to progress the fight.
Phase 3[edit | edit source]
Golem's head will regen its health to full, detach, and begin flying above the player. One the Golem body reaches 90% health, the Golem Head will begin to fly in a rectangle pattern. The head will fire two sets of lasers twice and one lingering fireball before moving. The lingering fireball will create an explosion that will linger for four seconds. Golem's body will also begin to fire two lasers. Golem will also launch three bouncing fireballs each time it slams the ground. When the Golem body reaches 10% health, it will fire two additional lasers. Both the head and the body can be damaged in this phase. Only Golem's body needs to be destroyed to end the fight.
In Death Mode[edit | edit source]
- Golem jumps much further and more rapidly.
- The Golem Head in phase 2 fires lasers more rapidly.
- The Golem Body fires four lasers regardless of health in phase 3.
- The Golem Head fires lingering fireballs regardless of health in phase 3.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- Several Plague themed enemies begin spawning in the Jungle.
- The Witch Doctor will begin selling Solar Tablets, Lihzahrd Power Cells, and Gypsy Powder.
- The Wizard will begin selling the Spectre Staff, Inferno Fork, and Shadowbeam Staff.
- The Arms Dealer will begin selling the Tactical Shotgun and Sniper Rifle.
- The Cyborg will begin selling the Rocket Launcher.
- Devil Fish and Chaotic Puffers will begin dropping Scoria Ore.
- Devil Fish will begin dropping Hellborn.
- Shockstorm Shuttles will begin dropping Martian Conduit Plating.
- The Sand, Cloud, and Brimstone Elementals from the Heart of the Elements now deal contact damage 4 times per second.
- The tornadoes from the Sand Elemental and Storm Ruler now deal damage 4 times per second.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For a Normal and Expert mode guide to Golem, see Golem strategies on the vanilla wiki.
General[edit | edit source]
- Take advantage of the space in the Jungle Temple altar room and make sure to clear out any Traps that may be present.
- Moving in a horseshoe shape is not recommended for this fight on Revengeance and Death Mode, as the lingering explosions are often still present when rebounding to the other side.
- While fighting Golem outside of the Jungle Temple enrages it, the fighting Golem on the Surface can make the fight easier for experienced players due to the large open space available.
- While not required, destroying the Golem Head during the third phase can make the rest of the fight much easier and less overwhelming.
Weapons & Equipment[edit | edit source]
- The Terra Disk is a good option for both Melee and Rogue players as the splitting projectiles can deal large damage to Golem's fists.
- True Ark of the Ancients can deal massive damage to Golem due to its powerful projectiles and debuffs.
- The Scourge of the Corruptor can spawn lingering projectiles just before beginning the fight, giving players a way to deal large damage to Golem as it spawns in.
- Conclave Crossfire combined with Terra Bullets can decimate Golem.
- The Star Cannon EX is a powerful choice for Golem, although it does require Fallen Stars as ammo which can potentially take a while to obtain.
- The Astralachnea Staff's homing fangs allow players to focus more on dodging, while still dealing decent damage to Golem.
- Lashes of Chaos is a very powerful option for Mages due to the large area of effect projectile it fires.
- The Hive Pod combined with the Plantation Staff can make quick work of Golem.
- Borealis Bomber is another useful summon, but requires constant resummoning of the Aureus Bomber.
- Both the Brackish Flask and the Duststorm in a Bottle are extremely effective against Golem due to their lingering projectiles.
- The Heavenfallen Stardisk decimates Golem, but requires more effort to use effectively.
- Stellar Knife can be a powerful option for Rogue players if the altar room is large enough for the knives to move freely in.
- Any dashing accessory such as the Tabi can allow the player to quickly dodge the Golem Head and its several projectiles.