The changes listed here occur as long as the Calamity Mod is installed, and are not restricted to any modded difficulty modes. See the Revengeance Mode or Death Mode pages for changes that occur within those modes.
Starting[edit | edit source]
In every new player's inventory, there will be a Starter Bag, the Iron Heart, and the Revengeance. The Starter Bag contains numerous useful items, and can be opened to help speed up the beginning of the game. The Iron Heart item, usable in Expert Mode only, permanently activates Iron Heart mode - hardcore for bosses specifically. The Revengeance item, which can only be used in Expert Mode, irreversibly activates the difficult Revengeance Mode.
Progression[edit | edit source]
The Calamity Mod makes heavy adjustments to the progression of Hardmode, removing many restrictions on the order in which bosses must be fought. In vanilla Terraria, many Hardmode bosses require other bosses to be defeated before they can be fought, creating a linear sequence of progression. Calamity introduces several means through which bosses can be fought "out of order", which greatly increases the player's choices and freedom during Hardmode.
- Plantera's Bulbs and Life Fruit can rarely spawn in the Jungle as soon as Hardmode begins, meaning that the Mechanical Bosses do not need to be defeated in order to fight Plantera.
- They can also spawn on the surface.
- Defeating the Mechanical Bosses instead greatly increases the rate at which Plantera's Bulbs spawn.
- The Temple Key and a variant of the Lihzahrd Power Cell are now craftable with early-Hardmode materials, meaning that Plantera does not need to be defeated in order to enter the Jungle Temple and fight the Golem.
- Using an Eidolon Tablet, dropped by the Eidolists found in the Dungeon and the Abyss, will summon the Lunatic Cultist regardless of whether or not the Golem has been defeated. Eidolists begin spawning as soon as Hardmode begins, meaning that the Lunatic Cultist, the proceeding Lunar Events, and the Moon Lord can all be fought at any time after defeating the Wall of Flesh.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Treasure[edit | edit source]
The mod generates many structures containing certain items normally exclusive to different points of progression, including hardmode.
- Evil Islands will be comprised of the evil biome opposite to the one chosen upon world generation. The corresponding Biome Chests are on these islands as well.
- The main Planetoid contains an Alchemy Table, which is usually obtainable after Skeletron has been defeated.
- Some planetoids contain Enchanted Sword Shrines.
- Biome-specific shrines may spawn with certain vanilla items depending on the biome.
- Ice Tombs generate with either the Arctic Diving Gear, Blizzard in a Balloon or the Frozen Turtle Shell.
- The chests in the Brimstone Crag contain several treasures:
Items sold[edit | edit source]
Events[edit | edit source]
- Rain, Blood Moons and Sandstorms can now be summoned by their respective summoning items.
- All enemies during Blood Moons have a chance to drop Blood Orbs, a material used to craft any vanilla or Calamity potion.
Post-Boss Buffs[edit | edit source]
- Rain causes the Irradiated debuff after Moon Lord has been defeated, and Irradiated Slimes will spawn during it. Enemies are also stronger during the Irradiated Rain, with 15% increased health and 25% increased damage.
- Blood Moons become noticeably more difficult after Moon Lord is defeated. All enemies have their health increased by 3.5x, and they deal twice as much damage.
- The Pumpkin Moon event becomes significantly more difficult after The Devourer of Gods has been defeated. All enemies have their health increased by 7.5x, and they deal twice as much damage. Pumpkings slain during a buffed Pumpkin Moon will drop Nightmare Fuel.
- The Frost Moon event becomes significantly more difficult after The Devourer of Gods has been defeated. All enemies have their health increased by 6x, and they deal twice as much damage. Ice Queens slain during a buffed Frost Moon will drop Endothermic Energy.
- Solar Eclipses become ludicrously more difficult after defeating Jungle Dragon, Yharon's first phase. All enemies have their health increased by 32.5x, and they deal twice as much damage. Mothrons slain during a buffed Solar Eclipse will drop Darksun Fragments.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Defense[edit | edit source]
- Defense works 50% less effectively for enemies that have Damage Reduction, resulting in defense being only 25% as effective for them compared to the normal 50% effectiveness.
- This change applies mostly to Revengeance Mode, where many enemies and bosses are given DR stats.
Damage[edit | edit source]
- The Venom debuff deals 30 damage per second instead of 6, both when applied by the player and when applied by enemies.
- The Terra Blade has its base damage increased from 95 to 157.
- All Hardmode bosses before and including Plantera take 50% less damage from Crystal Bullet split shards as well as the stars from Holy Arrows and the Star Cloak. Hardmode bosses after Plantera take 75% less damage from them. Calamity's post-Moon Lord bosses take 87.5% less damage from them.
- Players wearing Vortex armor with its stealth mode active only deal half damage to post-Moon Lord Calamity bosses and cannot land critical hits on them.
Melee speed[edit | edit source]
- The player's melee speed bonus is capped at 130%. This cap can be bypassed by equipping the Eldritch Soul Artifact.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- At the beginning of Hardmode, before the player has summoned or fought any boss, all enemies are weaker. In Normal mode, all enemies have 20% less HP and attack damage. In Expert mode, they have 40% less HP and attack damage to compensate for their higher original stats.
- Ice Golem's lasers can inflict Glacial State onto the player.
- Lunatic Cultist's health in Normal Mode and Expert Mode is increased (32,000 to 36,800 / 40,000 to 46,000).
- Multiplayer scaling of bosses' health is decreased. The % scaling can be calculated by multiplying the number of players by 10 and adding 40. However, this value cannot be less than the boss' health on single player.
- This means that you need at least 7 players before bosses' health begins increasing, as (7 * 10) + 40 = 110% hp.
Biomes[edit | edit source]
- In the Snow and Underground Snow biomes in Expert mode, the player's breath drains underwater much faster. However, the water no longer inflicts Chilled on the player.
Other[edit | edit source]
- All world sizes are increased vertically by 200 blocks to make room for the Planetoids.
- Certain vanilla music tracks are replaced with new tracks.
- The Underworld's theme is replaced with The Step Below Hell, the same theme as the Brimstone Crag, which was composed by DM DOKURO.
- Lunatic Cultist has a new theme named You Shall Know No More, composed by Turquoise.
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Environment||Music • Status messages|
|Items||Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item recipes|
|Game||Armageddon • Boss Health Bar • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Fishing • Game controls • Iron Heart • Lore • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Defense • Rage Meter|