The changes listed here occur as long as the Calamity Mod is installed, and are not restricted to any modded difficulty modes. See the Revengeance Mode or Death Mode pages for changes that occur within those modes.
Starting[edit | edit source]
In every new player's inventory, there will be a Starter Bag and the Revengeance. The Starter Bag contains numerous useful items, and can be opened to help speed up the beginning of the game. The Revengeance item, which can only be used in Expert Mode, irreversibly activates the difficult Revengeance Mode.
Progression[edit | edit source]
The Calamity Mod makes heavy adjustments to the progression of the Hardmode portion of the game, removing many restrictions on the order in which bosses must be fought. It also nerfs the HP and damage of most enemies until a hardmode boss has been spawned.
- In normal mode, HP and damage are reduced by 20%, but in Expert Mode they are reduced by 40%.
In vanilla Terraria, many bosses during this portion require other bosses to be defeated in order to fight, meaning that there is a set order in which the bosses must be fought in order to progress through the game. However, the Calamity Mod introduces several means through which bosses can be fought out of this standard order, which increases the player's options for how they want to play the game.
- Plantera's Bulbs and Life Fruit can rarely spawn in the Jungle as soon as Hardmode begins, meaning that the Mechanical Bosses do not need to be defeated in order to fight Plantera.
- They can also spawn on the surface.
- Defeating the Mechanical Bosses will now instead greatly increase the rate at which Plantera's Bulbs spawn.
- The Temple Key and a variant of the Lihzahrd Power Cell are now craftable with early-Hardmode materials, meaning that Plantera does not need to be defeated in order to enter the Jungle Temple and fight the Golem.
- Using an Eidolon Tablet, dropped by the Eidolists found in the Dungeon and the Abyss, will summon the Lunatic Cultist regardless of whether or not the Golem has been defeated. Eidolists begin spawning as soon as Hardmode begins, meaning that the Lunatic Cultist, the proceeding Lunar Events, and the Moon Lord can all be fought at any time after defeating the Wall of Flesh.
Drops[edit | edit source]
- Items exclusive to the Angler NPC can be dropped by certain bosses.
- All of the Mechanical Bosses' souls can be obtained from Calamity bosses as well. However, the Mechanical Bosses are still the only way to obtain Hallowed Bars.
- Some bosses have a higher chance of dropping certain Biome Keys, regardless of which biome they are defeated in:
- The drop rates for items needed in progression have been changed.
- Some vanilla bosses/enemies drop new items exclusive to Calamity Mod.
- Some drops provide easier access to other vanilla items.
- Crawlers drop their respective gems, making them renewable and easier to obtain.
- Blood Orbs drop from Blood Moon enemies to make obtaining potions easier.
- Shockstorm Shuttles drop Martian Conduit Plating.
- Calamitas always drops a Broken Hero Sword.
- Dungeon enemies drop Ectoblood after Plantera has been defeated, to make obtaining Ectoplasm easier.
- Eidolists and Juvenile Eidolon Wyrms drop Ectoplasm after Plantera or Calamitas has been defeated.
Treasure[edit | edit source]
The mod generates many structures containing certain items normally exclusive to different points of progression, including hardmode.
- Evil Islands will be comprised of the evil biome opposite to the one chosen upon world generation. The corresponding Biome Chests are on these islands as well.
- Biome-specific shrines may spawn with certain vanilla items depending on the biome.
- Ice Tombs generate with either the Arctic Diving Gear, Blizzard in a Balloon or the Frozen Turtle Shell.
- The chests in the Profaned Crags contain the Magma Stone, Obsidian Rose, and the Philosopher's Stone, which were exclusively enemy drops.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
Events[edit | edit source]
- Rain, Blood Moons and Sandstorms can now be summoned by their respective summoning items.
- All enemies during Blood Moons have a chance to drop Blood Orbs, a material used to craft any vanilla or Calamity potion.
Post-Boss Buffs[edit | edit source]
- Rain causes the Irradiated debuff after Moon Lord has been defeated, and Irradiated Slimes will spawn during it. Enemies are also stronger during the Irradiated Rain, with 25% increased health and damage.
- Blood Moons become noticeably more difficult after Moon Lord is defeated. All enemies have their health increased by 7x, and they deal twice as much damage.
- The Pumpkin Moon event becomes significantly more difficult after The Devourer of Gods has been defeated. All enemies have their health increased by 15x, and they deal twice as much damage. Pumpkings slain during a buffed Pumpkin Moon will drop Nightmare Fuel.
- The Frost Moon event becomes significantly more difficult after The Devourer of Gods has been defeated. All enemies have their health increased by 12x, and they deal twice as much damage. Ice Queens slain during a buffed Frost Moon will drop Endothermic Energy.
- Solar Eclipses become ludicrously more difficult after defeating Jungle Dragon, Yharon's first phase. All enemies have their health increased by 65x, and they deal twice as much damage. Mothrons slain during a buffed Solar Eclipse will drop Darksun Fragments.
Damage Reduction[edit | edit source]
The mod grants damage reduction to many vanilla enemies and bosses.
Other[edit | edit source]
- The Venom debuff is much stronger, both when applied by the player and when applied by enemies.
- In the Snow and Underground Snow biomes in Expert mode, the player's breath drains underwater much faster. However, the water no longer inflicts Chilled on the player.
- Ice Golem's lasers can inflict Glacial State onto the player.
- Lunatic Cultist's health in Normal Mode and Expert Mode is 3x as large (32,000 to 96,000 / 40,000 to 120,000).
See Also[edit | edit source]
| Game mechanics |
|Environment||Music • Status messages|
|Items||Consumable • Crafting stations (By Hand) • Drops • Rarity • Recipes • Vanilla item crafting|
|Game||Armageddon • Death Mode • Defiled Rune • Game controls • Lore • Revengeance Mode • Vanilla changes|
|Player||Adrenaline Meter • Aggro • Buffs and Debuffs • Defense • Rage Meter|