The Vesuvius is a Hardmode Legendary wand that is rarely dropped by Betsy in Revengeance Mode. Its left-click attack is similar to the Meteor Staff; it calls down a swarm of molten asteroids that explode upon hitting a tile or an enemy. Its right-click attack launches several high-speed molten asteroids towards the cursor.
Any asteroid that strikes an enemy grants the Molten buff to the user for 6 seconds, which grants resistance to cold attacks similarly to the Warmth Potion.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- The primary fire has a fixed use time of 14 ticks, and the secondary fire has a fixed use time of 19 ticks; as a result, no modifier can increase or decrease the firing rate of the wand.
- The weapon gets its name from Mt. Vesuvius, a volcano best known for the destruction and burying of the ancient Roman city of Pompeii.
- This weapon, like all other Legendary weapons, actually has a unique Rarity but is referred here as Yellow rarity for consistency between items.
- This unique rarity alternates between red and yellow colors, the same colors as Aegis Blade.
- The weapons projectiles alternate in the same colors as its rarity, like most Legendary Weapons.
- Due to Betsy only spawning at the end of the Old One's Army event, this Legendary Weapon can be considered the most tedious one to farm for.
The left-click attack.
The right-click attack.