The Vesuvius is a Hardmode Legendary wand that is rarely dropped by Betsy in Revengeance Mode. Its left-click attack is similar to the Meteor Staff; it calls down a swarm of molten asteroids that explode upon hitting a tile or an enemy. Its right-click attack launches several high-speed molten asteroids towards the cursor.
Any asteroid that strikes an enemy grants the Molten buff to the user for 6 seconds, which grants resistance to cold attacks similarly to the Warmth Potion.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
- The primary fire has a fixed use time of 15 ticks, and the secondary fire has a fixed use time of 20 ticks; as a result, no modifier can increase or decrease the firing rate of the wand.
- The cold resistance granted from the Molten buff does not stack with the Frost Flare accessory or Warmth buff.
- The weapon gets its name from Mt. Vesuvius, a volcano best known for the destruction and burying of the ancient Roman city of Pompeii.
- This weapon, like all other Legendary weapons, actually has a unique Rarity but is referred here as Yellow rarity for consistency between items.
- This unique rarity alternates between hot pink (#ff009b ●) and pale yellow (#ffff9b ●) colors.
- The weapon's projectiles alternate in the same colors as its rarity, like most Legendary Weapons.
- Due to Betsy only spawning at the end of the Old One's Army event, this Legendary Weapon can be considered the most tedious one to farm for.
Vesuvius' left and right-click attacks.