The Plaguebringer Goliath
The Plaguebringer Goliath
|AI Type||The Plaguebringer Goliath AI|
|Damage|| 90 / 144-194 / 151-203 / 216-291 (melee)|
80 / 112-136 / 117-142 / 168-204 (stinger)
100 / 144-168 / 151-176 / 216-252 (missile)
114 / 168 / 176 / 252 (nuke)
|Max Life||58,500 / 93,600 / 113,400 / 160,000|
|Defense (DR)||40 (40% DR)|
|Debuff duration|| 3 seconds (Contact)|
8.33 seconds (Missiles)
4.67 seconds (Stingers)
|Debuff tooltip||Rotting from the inside|
|Debuff duration||10 seconds (On contact)|
|Debuff tooltip||The horror...|
- Not to be confused with Plaguebringer, a miniboss with a similar appearance and AI.
The Plaguebringer Goliath behaves similarly to Queen Bee, charging at the player and using a variety of dangerous attacks.
- Will rapidly sweep across the screen, attempting to ram the player.
- Will charge in a diagonal fashion.
- At the beginning of a dash the Plaguebringer Goliath will rain down rockets.
- Occasionally spawns homing plague missiles that have their own individual health bars and can be killed.
- Fires powerful plague stingers and plague rockets at the player.
- Spawns Plague Chargers that vary in strength and size.
- Will enrage if the player ever exits the Jungle biome.
- At 50% health the Plaguebringer enters her second phase.
- Retains all abilities from her first phase.
- Can now activate the Plague Nuke Barrage. This will be indicated by the status message "MISSILES LAUNCHED, TARGETING ROUTINE INITIATED!". Once five seconds have passed, a barrage of about thirty plague missiles will rain down from above and cause massive damage if the player isn't under solid tiles.
- Stinger projectiles now explode.
- At certain health intervals, all her projectiles receive a damage boost (75%, 50%, 25%)
- Defense and chance to fire rockets increases greatly as health depletes.
- Spawns Plague Mines which chase the player and explode at a close range.
- Spawns Plaguebringers.
- Moves faster.
- Missiles travel faster and spawns more projectiles.
- The Horror and Marked for Death debuffs are applied to the player on contact.
- The Plague Nuke Barrage is active from the beginning of the fight.
- Fires more rockets and charges at higher speeds.
- Stingers home in on the player.
|Plague Homing Missile||Always|
|Plague Mine||In Expert Mode|
|Plaguebringer||In Revengeance Mode|
- If you get too far away from The Plaguebringer Goliath, it will instantly teleport to you.
- If you leave the Jungle for a prolonged amount of time she will despawn.
- The Plaguebringer Goliath's sprite is doubled exactly in size in-game, meaning that each visible pixel on her is 4 by 4 real pixels, as opposed to Terraria's typical pixel being 2 by 2 real pixels.
- It is recommended to make an arena with a ceiling or a shelter where the player can survive the barrage of exploding projectiles. With it most if not all projectiles will hit the blocks instead of the player.
- Spamming projectiles which can overwhelm the screen with weapons such as scythes, magic weapons or summons/sentries that have ranged attacks, may give you a bigger chance to defeat this enemy as it will get constant damage.
- Try making more vertical movements, as it will lower your chances of getting hit by her ram attack.
- Equipping the Honey Dew or an upgrade will halve the amount of melee damage The Plaguebringer Goliath inflicts.
- Equipping the Alchemical Flask will make you immune to the Plague debuff.
- The status message that appears upon the bosses spawn may be a reference to the Borderlands Pre-Sequel Claptastic Voyage DLC's Eclipse boss fight where he may say the same quote.
- The Plaguebringer Goliath's theme is Fly of Beelzebub, which was composed by the artist DM DOKURO.
- This is currently the only theme in the mod that has lyrics.
- Prior to the release of Fly of Beelzebub, the placeholder theme was a remix of Boss 1, which was also composed by DM DOKURO.
The Jungle Tyrant conducted a great number of projects and experiments during his rule. It was during one such experiment that Yharim and his researchers unwittingly created a terrible yet powerful weapon - infectious nanomachines capable of spreading to virtually any organic material that rotted the host from the inside out, sustaining the victim's life as they suffered to enable their proliferation. Yharim swiftly declared the results too dangerous for use and locked the bio-tech virus away under high security. However, one of Yharim's head scientists recovered the nanomachines from storage and silently added them to another of Yharim's projects as it was prepared for field use. Armed with a slew of advanced weaponry and filled with a sadistic disease, mechanized Queen Bees poisoned their hives as they were stationed throughout the Jungle.
Their lesser brethren contracted the plague and proceeded to spread it further still, cascading through the ecosystem in the blink of an eye. The outbreak was uncontrollable, the nanomachines impossible to purge from the cyborg insects without destroying them entirely. As the Jungle around him wasted away in agony, the tyrant king turned his eye to the devastating might of his living weapons. The mechanical abominations became known and feared as the Plaguebringers - capable of razing a thriving city to the ground with ordnance as easily as they could transform it into an apocalyptic wasteland. Though not the most powerful of Yharim's forces, the Plaguebringers promised their victims a gruesome, painful, and extremely slow demise.